562xp stripped case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackjcc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a 562 that has stripped threads where the handle AV attaches to the jug and both holes for the dawg. I want to put high quality inserts in, what do you recommend and what process would you take for install? I have not put in thread inserts before so if like to gain some knowledge. I have tapped and replaced with larger screws, but I think that may have been done before. Do inserts need the hole cleaned of all remaining thread?

How many times can that be done? It seems the holes have been tapped for larger screws already and those stripped as well.

Ive had really good luck with the timesert brand of inserts the m5 kit was like $60 I think counter sink, drill, tap and installion tool and a bag of 10 inserts I think. I have had to do a lot of 2 series tanks for top covers replacments inserts are like 1 ea and you can get them in different lengths and materials Check it out. The tool/kit is very simple to use Ive managed to not fork anything up and Ive done 25 or so??

Latest posts

Back