562xp vs 555 vs 6100 stock shoot out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small mount 3/8 bars are less common, and it's nice to be able to share the same bars that fit 75% of the saws I own. IMHO small mount on a 60cc saw is odd.
I am currently using a Jonsered 2260 and 562xp at work and you are right. I even switched from 3/8 to .325 just to see why the Johnny was small mount. I quickly switched back to 3/8.

Out of these 3 saws, what would someone on a budget that only has money for one saw and needs to fell buck limb and noodle big firewood and doesn't have a splitter and might not want to mess around with trying to split big logs with an axe and rather noodle...such as my father...almost 60 years choose?

Out of these 3 saws, what would someone on a budget that only has money for one saw and needs to fell buck limb and noodle big firewood and doesn't have a splitter and might not want to mess around with trying to split big logs with an axe and rather noodle...such as my father...almost 60 years choose?
Dolmar 6100 or Echo cs590 would do the trick.I just don't like all the electronic crap that I can't tune myself.....

If he was smart he'd buy the Dolmar or an Echo or a used 036, 360, 361, 262, etc. Unfortunately, most people in this situation seem to end up with a ms290. :(

Dolmar 6100 or Echo cs590 would do the trick.
I knew the answer before asking the question. I have ran many saws that I don't own but I've heard the 6100 is the noodling king...for its size. I'm just trying to get Corey to use his strength and wieght and show us which saw is actual boss in this noodling category. Hes got the power and saws to make it happen. I don't want to see someone let a saw noodle, I want them to force it to noodle.

I knew the answer before asking the question. I have ran many saws that I don't own but I've heard the 6100 is the noodling king...for its size. I'm just trying to get Corey to use his strength and wieght and show us which saw is actual boss in this noodling category. Hes got the power and saws to make it happen. I don't want to see someone let a saw noodle, I want them to force it to noodle.
Get a ported 390xp with 404 on it. That will dang sure noodle

Get a ported 390xp with 404 on it. That will dang sure noodle
Couldn't afford the ported 395xp? Can't afford a Homelite 750 muscle saw? You didn't read the question and just opened your mouth..typing finger. Lets see your "ported" 562 against a ported 6100 noodling. Just a friendly jab by the way.

Couldn't afford the ported 395xp? Can't afford a Homelite 750 muscle saw? You didn't read the question and just opened your mouth..typing finger. Lets see your "ported" 562 against a ported 6100 noodling. Just a friendly jab by the way.
No problem man. Id gladly run my 562 noodling against it. Mines ported though,:), and the 6100 looks to be strong but 1 second isnt anything to brag about IMO. Personally the Dolmar is too wide and fatbottomed for my taste and thats just my opinion but I know its an awesome saw

That may very well be the case, and I'm not saying they don't. But...

Have you tried starting one of these "easy-start" Dolmars? Seriously it's like a joke how easy they are to start.
I havent been in a 6100 to know how they r accomplishing their ease of starting but Ive worked on a bunch of the easy start Stihls and the double recoil springs sure r easy to mess up. I think most people arent told they r easy start and yank the guts out of them!!!! :surprised3:

I have 2 local dealers and I also have gotten things from @fordf150 and @MillerModSaws is a dolmar dealer as well. But nothing has broke yet so they don't get to see me much.
Ok I just didnt see many parts on fleabay for Dolmars. U have a nice runnin rig there brother but this is more my flavor drink!!:D20161012_090505.jpg

Latest posts

Back