562xp won't pull a purge when hot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KingDavey

KingDavey

ArboristSite Operative
I used my 562xp the other day to drop a nice black locust(I think...)

After bucking it up, I couldn't get the purge bulb to pull fuel. It would pull mostly air, maybe 25% fuel. I got scared and didn't use the saw from then on. Wondering if anyone has seen this before. It pulled 100% fuel when it got cool again...

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
Yup, happens to me often, especially as the weather starts to turn warm and winter blend fuel is still in the system. During the winter they add butane to allow the fuel to atomize better at low temps (mostly an issue with carbs). However, it turns out that gasoline mixed with about 10% ethanol has a much lower vaporization temperature. I use E10 and have had trouble with this even during the summer. If they have a purge bulb the fuel will just boil in it after you press it.

I always set the saws in the shade when I put them down, but still often have to start them on full choke hot and nurse them on partial choke until I can get them running again. More often than before I take a second saw just so I can swap back and forth if one acts up and needs to cool off.

Another reason ethanol in fuel is stupid.

KingDavey

KingDavey

ArboristSite Operative
Glad your saw is now running correctly. Winter fuels are prone to vapor lock.

So how are you liking the 562 overall?
I love the saw, but I'm finding that I want more power. With a 28" bar it is easily overwhelmed in hard wood if you apply too much pressure. It does the trick though. I am getting impatient for the mystery Husqvarna 70cc and hopefully 90cc replacements.

sunfish

sunfish

Fish Head
I love the saw, but I'm finding that I want more power. With a 28" bar it is easily overwhelmed in hard wood if you apply too much pressure. It does the trick though. I am getting impatient for the mystery Husqvarna 70cc and hopefully 90cc replacements.
Get it ported, or drop back to a 20-24" bar. Mine is unstoppable with a 20" & it's stock...

Latest posts