572 Release Date

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so would you buy one ? :)...i will

No! I'm in it for the game not the troghy. Much like different gear for hunting or fishing. I want to rake my own needlefish off the kelp beds and get the full experience when a coho (silver) hit it on full run with 5oz between you.
Now thats excitement!

I like to have control of the jet, I like to find the power myself or whatever I'm looking for? Maybe its the speed I want and a smooth peak? I like to run it on edge and defy everyone and everything.
I have options with a non rev limited coils.

Builders are improving a saw to succeed in a environment it otherwise doesn't belong. A stock 372 or 32" bar have no business in first growth hills, It would get you killed real quick. Its a made up combination, more specifically mine are very custom to my style and I balance the rest.
I like the weight of the Ported 372/XPW with a 36" lite bar. I love when I'm hacking through small blow down and the cut closes on my tip quickly as I pull back at the same time. Sometimes it propels 16 lb back out your right side at full chain speed and spins me half around.
Faster pace, higher intensity.
Thats game to me.

I have no application interest in it. Smart saws a side, despite having the makings with the beefed up crank and longer stroke, it has not been tested or displayed to attract anyone that falls in West coast Cedar country. That's not what the saw will be sold for as well neither was the 372 or 272. We are not the target of their campaign & rightfully so.
The mental image is that of a toy by appearance thus far.
It just doesn't stand for anything yet.
The extreme proving grounds has not started.
I have ran 371/372 pre Xtorq heads for 21 yrs almost exclusively. Apart from the quality decline with the on/off switch, chokes and trigger locks,It would appear, It has gold seal stamp of approval from me. The chassis AV is very relevant technology still to this day.
I may add, as well having a lower m/s2 average over 8 hours than the 572 & 462, its much less than the 661.

No! I'm in it for the game not the troghy. Much like different gear for hunting or fishing. I want to rake my own needlefish off the kelp beds and get the full experience when a coho (silver) hit it on full run with 5oz between you.
Now thats excitement!

I like to have control of the jet, I like to find the power myself or whatever I'm looking for? Maybe its the speed I want and a smooth peak? I like to run it on edge and defy everyone and everything.
I have options with a non rev limited coils.

Builders are improving a saw to succeed in a environment it otherwise doesn't belong. A stock 372 or 32" bar have no business in first growth hills, It would get you killed real quick. Its a made up combination, more specifically mine are very custom to my style and I balance the rest.
I like the weight of the Ported 372/XPW with a 36" lite bar. I love when I'm hacking through small blow down and the cut closes on my tip quickly as I pull back at the same time. Sometimes it propels 16 lb back out your right side at full chain speed and spins me half around.
Faster pace, higher intensity.
Thats game to me.

I have no application interest in it. Smart saws a side, despite having the makings with the beefed up crank and bigger flywheel, longer stroke, it has not been tested or displayed to attract anyone that falls in West coast Cedar country. That's not what the saw will be sold for as well neither was the 372 or 272. We are not the target of their campaign & rightfully so.
The mental image is that of a toy by appearance thus far.
It just doesn't stand for anything yet.
The extreme proving grounds has not started.
I have ran 371/372 pre Xtorq heads for 21 yrs almost exclusively. Apart from the quality decline with the on/off switch, chokes and trigger locks,It would appear, Its has gold seal stamp of approval from me. The chassis AV is very relevant technology still to this day.
I may add, as well having a lower m/s2 average over 8 hours than the 572 & 462, its much less than the 661.[/

i hear ya however..... this is 2017 if you don't like the (new fangeled ) saws of today.... you really wont like the electric saws of tomorrow :(

Whats the size of the cylinder on these, same as the 372? Under the hood they look like a 562. Ive always thought the 562 was a little lacking in bottom end, I think they run better with .325. Im definitely not going to buy a 572. For now I think a ported 562 would all Id ever be interested in. Are these on the same chassis as 562..if so it shouldnt weigh a whole lot more than the 562. I like that I can take my 562 and run the low top, low air filter like 560xp, with a picco setup, and a have a little smaller lighter of a saw, or put the higher top back on, high air filter and run a 20" 3/8 setup.

I honestly thought I was immune to advertising hype - curious about a new saw, but skeptical.
I was either wrong or I have a good justification for how keen I am.
I've run a 562 for 5 years and am totally familiar with it's strengths and weaknesses. The 572 addresses those weaknesses and adds 10cc and a pound. The only questions I have left are how it will react to modification, when it will be released in Australia, and what the stihl 462 will be like.

I honestly thought I was immune to advertising hype - curious about a new saw, but skeptical.
I was either wrong or I have a good justification for how keen I am.
I've run a 562 for 5 years and am totally familiar with it's strengths and weaknesses. The 572 addresses those weaknesses and adds 10cc and a pound. The only questions I have left are how it will react to modification, when it will be released in Australia, and what the stihl 462 will be like.

Some good questions.

The hp per cc on the 572 is almost identical to the 562 therefore one would assume the stock numbers would be similar and it should react similarly to mods. But of course in reality, "should" and "is" aren't always equal.

Some good questions.

The hp per cc on the 572 is almost identical to the 562 therefore one would assume the stock numbers would be similar and it should react similarly to mods. But of course in reality, "should" and "is" aren't always equal.
In the video they mention that auto tune has a wider operating range. That holds out the hope for modifications, but surely we all know it's only a matter of time before a saw is smart enough to recognise conditions as outside correct parameters and flash some stupid error code and drop into "limp home" mode.

North America won't 'see it' until Spring/Summer

Australia and Austria I believe it was October 2017. Most countries will be January 2018

I checked out a bit of the testing. Pretty tame. A bit rich on the low revs.
Correction! The dates are all on the Husqvarna pre launch site at the end of the video. That is where I got the info from but miss read "end" as in end of the year for "and" as Austria AND Australia
are next to each other near the top of the list.

Austria, Poland & Switzerland will indeed see the saw first in October.

The rest of Europe in January 2018

Australia was END of 2018

In the video they mention that auto tune has a wider operating range. That holds out the hope for modifications, but surely we all know it's only a matter of time before a saw is smart enough to recognise conditions as outside correct parameters and flash some stupid error code and drop into "limp home" mode.

limp mode, ha ... Then it stays stock ... It will put me in "Condominium Owners Association" mode.

Back