572???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So after Sean put in some work on my 2 346's I've decided that I just will be getting a new 70cc saw for cutting with larger bar/milling. Any reason I shouldn't get the 572? Seems to be the best saw in that class. Which one? There's like 2 different 572s (xp, xp-g,). Anything I should stay away from? XP-G seems to be heavier, but only recommended for up to 24" bar on husky site. Also more expensive...
Thanks

I prefer the “G” heated handles if I go for another saw. I have a husky 444 SG and I’d like to add a 70 cc saw someday. We been having some crazy weather the past few years. We just finished cleaning up the first round of dead trees and a second storm put down more. I’m thinking storm damage in the middle of winter heated handles would be nice. Back in the 70’s I had a 240 SG like a little rollsroyce. For cutting roads, smaller saplings it was good.

Is there a 565 and 572 saws? Besides the 585/592? My son is running the snots out of my used 570 right now.

ty for responses. i dont need the heated handles...

There is a line of thought in staying away from computer-carbed saws as one can't change the tune as is often desired for milling.

Maybe consider the 372 instead.

I only have a few tanks through my 572, a saw I hadn't planned on buying so soon in its production, so it hasn't really woken up yet. I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Doesn't seem to cut much faster with a 24" compared to a 562, both hard and softwood, but it shines with a 28" buried.

And if you're thinking of milling more than falling/bucking with it, maybe consider going the 390/395xp route instead.

I’m honestly a little nervous thinking about running a 90cc saw. Watched some YouTube vids and man when they pull on the trigger the chainsaw digs instantly get sucked right into the log. No real time for reaction if kickback would happen. I guess that is probably true though with a 70cc too

I haven't put gas in my 372, so I don't know about its balance. I'll say a 390 with a 32" bar is almost perfect balance for my lanky frame, 6'3" and 150 lbs on a good day, better than the 572 and 28". I don't notice a difference in the weight unless I'm slinging it all day. 42" is unbalanced and awkward, but awesome for getting 4"+ diameter branches overhead without breaking out the polesaw.

562 with a 28" is also awkward and unbalanced from my experience. Saying that just for some reference in class size.

Your body and strengths/weaknesses will affect all those things.

As long as you are comfortable with handling a saw, know what to do and what not to do AND WHEN, and can handle the added pounds, don't be wary of larger powerheads.

Edit: Another thing to consider is terrain. Handling a big saw on a slope or loose/slick ground maybe considerably more taxing than on mostly flat, stable ground. Other things to consider with bigger saws is knowing when to pull your saw out of cuts. Longer bars mean less time to avoid pinching when severing fibers.

Just a few things that may or may not have crossed your mind yet.

I’m honestly a little nervous thinking about running a 90cc saw. Watched some YouTube vids and man when they pull on the trigger the chainsaw digs instantly get sucked right into the log. No real time for reaction if kickback would happen. I guess that is probably true though with a 70cc too
When it comes to kickback, avoiding a dangerous situation will do a better job of protecting you than running a smaller saw.

You know wagz... I own a 390xp and 394xp. when your over to pick you last saw up your welcome to run one or both if you have the time. They need respected, but arnt terrible to run. Id rather mull with the 394xp then the 390 if I'm being honest. If I had the money a 3120xp would be on tap for milling duty. I just don't mill often enough to justify the cost...

You know wagz... I own a 390xp and 394xp. When you're over to pick you last saw up you're welcome to run one or both if you have the time. They need to be respected, but they aren't terrible to run. I'd rather mill with the 394xp than the 390 if I'm being honest. If I had the money a 3120xp would be on tap for milling duty. I just don't mill often enough to justify the cost...
I've run a 395 and a 2100 on a mill, that 2100 makes the 395 seem like it's a Farmboss. Same chains, same mill, same wood but my gosh that 2100 flew. If I wasn't getting rid of it I'd be curious to see how the 3120 stacks up to the 2100.

I've run a 395 and a 2100 on a mill, that 2100 makes the 395 seem like it's a Farmboss. Same chains, same mill, same wood but my gosh that 2100 flew. If I wasn't getting rid of it I'd be curious to see how the 3120 stacks up to the 2100.
My cousin has an 084av I stuck on the mill once, wasn't a huge difference against my 394xp, I just kinda assumed a 3120 would be close to the same, being close in cc. The 084 deffinatly had the advantage, but not the life altering I need to get one kind. It did vibrate a heck of a lot more though.... Haven't had the chance to run a 3120 though.

Did I hear “2100”? It’s like beetle juice, beetle juice, beetle juice. Cutting with a 2100/2101 it’s showtime. Why get anything smaller go for the power.

The first time I test fired my 395 in my garage, I was shaking. Scared to death! I wouldn’t run it outside the mill. Now, I buck even 14” limbs with it. With a 36” bar I can stand upright and let the tip do the work and I’m not bent over the log with my face above the bar. It’s scary at first but you will learn how to handle it. You will also be thankful that it bites and pulls!! Even so, I still have to push through when milling 28” cherry. You will never regret having “too much” power in your mill!

Latest posts

Back