575xp a good deal or no?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E&R_firewood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
the "new saw fund" i've been ferreting away a little at a time for the past year has grown to an amount which allows me to begin my quest for the new saw, been seriously considering the new 576xp. my work route takes me to a Husky dealer about once a week, and i always seem to linger there in front of the saw display for a few minutes after my business is conducted. today while there i noticed they had a 575 tucked in next to a 385. i looked twice to confirm the number on the price sticker, it seemed pretty low. i asked about it and was informed that this particular 575 has been hanging around for quite some time and the dealer thought perhaps a lower price could attract a buyer, he wants to sell the 575 before ordering in any 576 saws. i know from previous threads there are a lot of complaints and doubts concerning the 575. my questions are; is there that much difference between the 575 and the 576? would i be foolish to spend just over $600 on a 575?

I've personally never ran one,so take my advice at that.

The 575xp doesn't have a good rep here, but the guys that have them seem to like them well enough.

But you have to wonder about at saw (575xp) that was discontinued before the saw (372xp) it was suppose to replace.

My Husky dealer hates the 575xp and won't sell them.

I personally would pass on the 575xp and find a 372xp.

I've personally never ran one,so take my advice at that.

The 575xp doesn't have a good rep here, but the guys that have them seem to like them well enough.

But you have to wonder about at saw (575xp) that was discontinued before the saw (372xp) it was suppose to replace.

My Husky dealer hates the 575xp and won't sell them.

I personally would pass on the 575xp and find a 372xp.

:clap:
That is a excelent response to a question. No bashing.... no name calling... no trying to jam your opinion down someones throat.... no rude comments...
:clap: Do you think you could give SawTroll a lesson or two?

it depends what you want

ive run a 575 and its really not that much of a saw, it feels nice, has more torque then 372 but im sorry id take the 372 cause its a absolute screamer, as for 576 i have had a 10 min play with a demo one and its just a glorified 575.

if you want a ripper saw get a 372, if you want a grunter around that same size get a 385 or 390.

I had a 575, and it was OK. I got it when you could still buy Husky's on-line. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats around what that saw sold for new. If you can get it cheeper I might go for it. I here there are few dealers on this site who can get you a J-Red 2171 for near that number,

If money is really an issue, get one of the John Deere CS82's that are on E-bay right now for under 5 bills. Much better saw than a 575.

thanks all for advice and personal takes on the 575xp . . . after reading what everyone had to say and sleeping on it, i think i'm going to pass over the 575.

Back