576at vs 441 c-m m-tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardhat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Have been reading lots of threads on the 441 m-tronic and the 576 at. Both look like awesome saws. Have read the technical info on m-tronic, but not able to find it on autotune. After I sell my Poulan 5200's, I am going to get one of these electronic saws to play with. I cut firewood a good bit in the winter, but mainly I just like chainsaws. I really like the way the 441 sounds, how it is snappy and sounds mean. The 576at does not seem to sound as neat. Some have said the 576at is built better. I have both a Stihl and a Husky and think both are great saws and am not brand partial. Cannot justify getting both saws. Some have stated the 576at would be easier to work on than Husky. Are there any clear advantages to one of these over the other? If not, I am gonna get the 441 just for the way it sounds. BTW, I have both stihl and husky dealers nearby so no clear advantage there.

Anyone know the technical details on the husky autotune?

I know these have been talked about, but I didn't find a "vs" thread then I searched. If this has already been discussed specifically, just direct me there.

Thanks,

Larry

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/178634.htm

They actually do a head to head as well as a comp against a MS460 in this thread... gotta dig through it.

I ordered a ms441cm, actually jsut picked it up from the dealer about an hour ago... its storming big time rt now (45mph winds) so didnt really get to try it out, but from firing it up and hitting it, seems pretty snappy on the throttle response... hopefully get to pllay with it Sunday evening.

The 576 can be taken apart in less time than a 441. The whole carb/intake assembly can come off with the cylinder by disconnecting the fuel line and throttle cable. and 4 screw for the box on top of the carb. There's 4 bolts holding the carb onto the intake block and 3 more holding the whole intake with the fresh air ports on the cylinder. It's maybe 5 minutes and I can have the cylinder off it.

Comparables

Buy what feels and sounds right to you. Congrats on your new forthcoming saw purchase.

An AT Husky is my next purchase, either in 576 or 372 form, then I'll be quantified to speak about them both. Some may talk after they run one, but ownership speaks best about a certain model.

But for now, for what I've seen, and know, there is nothing wrong with the 441C. Good choice.

The 576 can be taken apart in less time than a 441. The whole carb/intake assembly can come off with the cylinder by disconnecting the fuel line and throttle cable. and 4 screw for the box on top of the carb. There's 4 bolts holding the carb onto the intake block and 3 more holding the whole intake with the fresh air ports on the cylinder. It's maybe 5 minutes and I can have the cylinder off it.

I agree on the 5 minutes for the 576. I took the 441 apart in 15 the last time.

So 10 minutes difference, maybe once a year depending on the saws use... Normally I get 2-3 years before I throw a new piston in.. Though I have been cutting and doing alot more sidejobs lately (hence the new saw for me :smile2:)...

So 10 minutes difference, maybe once a year depending on the saws use... Normally I get 2-3 years before I throw a new piston in.. Though I have been cutting and doing alot more sidejobs lately (hence the new saw for me :smile2:)...

In the grand scheme of things, it's really a moot point. Simple is good, but not a deal breaker.

In the grand scheme of things, it's really a moot point. Simple is good, but not a deal breaker.

Mostly what I was hinting at...

Other things to look at might be bar availability. I believe the Husky AT hs a inboard clutch so thats a bonus (I was never a big fan of the outboard that was on my old 359).

That's fast for sure Brad. If 10 minutes makes or breaks your time management accounting for the day, the OP needs to hire a Pro to work on your saws like I do.

My idea is once you get your new saw dialed into where you want it to be there shouldn't be a need for dis-assembly for the most part. I had an 076 for over 10 years. My first chainsaw. Used hard, and only changed the spark plug once. Point being, if you are into tearing down a new saw alot then by all means buy the easier one to work on.

Me? Give me the one, that once set up correctly, don't take any attention other than minor maintenance to give maximum enjoyment and production for what it is suppose to do. I think either one would be just right for your needs. :smile2:

It doesn't really matter which one is easier to get apart unless you just like looking at the inside of the cylinders. Me I like husky better but the 441 would probably serve me fine also. The autotune seems to be fine with stock, muffler mods, or porting. The plug color is great after the modding. I think it sounds pretty good after the work.

Have been reading lots of threads on the 441 m-tronic and the 576 at. Both look like awesome saws. Have read the technical info on m-tronic, but not able to find it on autotune. After I sell my Poulan 5200's, I am going to get one of these electronic saws to play with. I cut firewood a good bit in the winter, but mainly I just like chainsaws. I really like the way the 441 sounds, how it is snappy and sounds mean. The 576at does not seem to sound as neat. Some have said the 576at is built better. I have both a Stihl and a Husky and think both are great saws and am not brand partial. Cannot justify getting both saws. Some have stated the 576at would be easier to work on than Husky. Are there any clear advantages to one of these over the other? If not, I am gonna get the 441 just for the way it sounds. BTW, I have both stihl and husky dealers nearby so no clear advantage there.

Anyone know the technical details on the husky autotune?

I know these have been talked about, but I didn't find a "vs" thread then I searched. If this has already been discussed specifically, just direct me there.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry I personally do not have any specific info on exactly how the AT system works, maybe someone like Spike does.

I've ran and looked over both saws, and you can't go wrong with either one. You are correct, out of the box the 441 seems to have more snap to it than the 576. I don't see any clear advantage between the two, but they're a few differences. I think the 576 is a more streamline in design, it runs smoother, and the oil output is also better. I think the 441 feels a little smaller and again seems a bit more peppy when new. Really there isn't much between the two, pick the one that feels best in your hands and buy it. You won't be disappointed with either one.:cheers:

Last edited:
If you want a softer feel to the 441, then get the standard springs on it. The wrap model I had has stiffer springs on it. It's a personal preference thing. As far as the 441 oiler goes, it uses a full tank of oil to a tank of fuel. That's exceptional for any modern saw. That's also part of the wrap model. It comes with the HO oiler.

Thanks for all the info guys. This doesn't make the decision much easier, so I'll have to watch some more videos of them cutting and running :). Wife is already ready for me to get one, so I will quit thinking about it all the time. That's how I get permission, I get obsessed about something and before I know it, she is telling me to go ahead and get it so she can quit hearing about it.

Thanks,

Larry

Here's the video from today.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I7HvIOfgiec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's the 441, brand new, right out of the box.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qW8OtZv0B_0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here it is ported in the crotch of a huge Pin Oak, super hard wood. it's wearing a 28" B&C, full comp chain.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lzpp0-PyvDo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very first start and run of a 576 AT.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B1D4fBavdpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Both the 576 and 441 with the mufflers opened up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WcYSHLwx3yU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love the videos. I have never done a muffler mod on a saw. Just ran them. I have a mig welder at home and might have to look into it if the gains are that substantial. I take it this would void the warranty :).

Back