576at vs 441 c-m m-tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 576 seemed to really like the modded muffler and other work. Stock it was alright but now it is a lot better.

576 is my vote and I will tell you why

Hi all it looks to me that they both run very well and that 576 MM was a impressive gain. I have a couple friends that sells Stihl's and they are have a lot of trouble with the front tank mount and Carburetor in a logging application and then had to tear new saws apart to get parts for the warranty work to fix them. Also I gueaa that the front tank mount is made out of glorified stirafoam and I am awhere that I can;t spell.

Hell, everyones going to have an opinion on which they prefer. Whether it be brand loyalty or something they've heard.

The real ansewr for you is the usual one. Go try them both out and see which one feels better to you. If you are to be using the saw alot, I think you would appreciate the best feeling and most nimble of the two. I can't tell you which one though because it's mostly in ones own opinion.

I cant say what a stock 441C is like but in a ported form its a pleasure to use and a joy to have as a work saw,these new electronic control systems are a huge change in the way we do owh work weather it for pleasure or as a occupation they are a very welcome step forward.
If you go the 441C i would recommend the wrap model,twin bumper spikes and roller chain catcher,high out put oiler,stiffer AV springs,large clutch cover and if you dont like the full wrap handle just change it to a standard handle.

This is a vid of a stock 441 and a ported 441C and a stock 460.
[video=youtube;epG-kuAGRyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epG-kuAGRyI[/video]

Then a stock 460,ported 441C,stock 660 BB Kit and a ported 660 with a 28'' bar in hard wood.
[video=youtube;Z3DoQd_Otp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DoQd_Otp0[/video]

Can't help but look at the 372xp. About pound lighter and not a whole lot less power. I do love my old 394xp. Was lugging one of the 5200's out to drop a couple trees this morning and was like CRAP! this thing is heavy. Lighter is better to some degree, but I like cool new things. Anyone used a 372xp for comparison for how it feels in your hands? Is the weight that noticeable?

Can't help but look at the 372xp. About pound lighter and not a whole lot less power. I do love my old 394xp. Was lugging one of the 5200's out to drop a couple trees this morning and was like CRAP! this thing is heavy. Lighter is better to some degree, but I like cool new things. Anyone used a 372xp for comparison for how it feels in your hands? Is the weight that noticeable?

All new 372XPs are of the X-Torq variety. They should feel identical to the previous standard version, since everything is the same except the P&C and intake/carb system.

The handle changed just a little from the old 372. Its more like the 576 so it actually feels better to me. It will be my next new saw or maybe a 2172.

Why put yourself through this? Spend the extra $150 and get a real saw, Stihl 660, you won't notice the extra 2 pounds or so because of the smile factor. :hmm3grin2orange: The smile factor goes a long way when purchasing a new saw.:msp_thumbup:

The weight difference is very noticeable, and the balance of the 372 is world class. Think about it this way, the 372 and the Stihl 440 are close in size and weight to a Stihl 361. The 441 and 576 are close in size to the 390 and have nearly the bulk of 660.

Now I'm not trying to take anything away from the 441 or 576, but they're heavy and larger for the displacement.

If you want a killer deal check out the Husky 365 x-torque, it has the same displacement as the 372 at a much lower cost. Check out this link.http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/171529.htm

Bottom line. Just getting the saw cuz I like cool saws. Will prob go with the 441cm just cuz I like the way it sounds. Love that aggressive tone and snap and it just sounds mean. Will make me grin. I think the 372xp would be more practical due to lighter weight and only a little less power. 576 at may have more ultimate potential due to more ccs. But none of this matters. The 441 seems to have more personality which is cool in and of itself.

Bottom line. Just getting the saw cuz I like cool saws. Will prob go with the 441cm just cuz I like the way it sounds. Love that aggressive tone and snap and it just sounds mean. Will make me grin. I think the 372xp would be more practical due to lighter weight and only a little less power. 576 at may have more ultimate potential due to more ccs. But none of this matters. The 441 seems to have more personality which is cool in and of itself.

I think you're correct. Ran mine today in the cool air, and man was it p'd off! Love it!

Do a muff mod and it will sound even more angry and run better.
attachment.php

Back