576at

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow that sounds good! Not sure my M-Tronic wants any part of that - LOL. Wonder if the Husky AT system is designed to adjust "slower" than the C-M, like some gas guages take several miles to adjust to a filled tank while others slosh around when you corner or brake.

Well it's slower or smoother, I'm really not sure. You can feel the 441 making changes as you cut, you can't really feel that with the 576. I think the 441 will have an edge in chain speed but not with torque. Both Husky and Stihl did their homework with these two.:rock:

Holy cow that sounds good! Not sure my M-Tronic wants any part of that - LOL. Wonder if the Husky AT system is designed to adjust "slower" than the C-M, like some gas guages take several miles to adjust to a filled tank while others slosh around when you corner or brake.

Yeah yesterday it was like it changed again. It will go through a tank of fuel a lot quicker. Not sure how much quicker but it was out before we knew it. It may have been since we were playing with it noodling those big poplar rounds down and finishing cutting up the maple and a little bit of hickory. You don't notice much of a change in tuning like it seems like the 441 does. It seems to hold a lot more rpms than before. If I had a tach I could see if it would work on it to see how many rpms it's holding in the wood.

It surely looks like a different saw in that noodling vid, so I was speculating the difference. Maybe the AT system is more careful in making its adjustments.

The 441 sure didn't seem like a fuel sipper after the mods! But hey, if it can burn that much fuel efficiently, that just means it's making that much more power:rock:

Brad remember I didn't feel it was very fuel efficient from the beginning, same with the 576. The Mtronic carb gave the 441 plenty of fuel, and that's a good thing in my book. I think much of the fuel savings the regular 441's had was thrown out the window with the Mtronic carb. With proper carb tuning I honestly haven't seen the increased efficiency with the strato saws others have, I really think they come too lean from the factory to get that 20% fuel savings, and obviously the Mtronic takes care of that. Now don't hold me to this I could be wrong. I'd like to do a better test between a non strato 70cc saw and a 441/576. I truly think the manufactures numbers are inflated, remember now they can't even weigh a saw accurately.

Andy, I think you're on to something. The older conventional carbs seem to have rather high Pop Off Pressures that tend to lean out as the revs drop. The newer AT carbs allow a proper fuel metering as the revs drop.

As the revs drop, the engine moves further away from its optimum operational rpm. The newer AT carbs will still allow good fuel metering so that the engine can run at the less efficient rpms. The older carbs sort of forced the operator to keep the revs up in the more efficient rpm range.

I've been running a 576a/t for several months have not noticed any real fuel savings over the 372s that I have. I do like the way it does not lean out when your running out of fuel.

It seemed to do pretty good on fuel before the modding. It seemed like it went through a tank in 20 minutes or so of noodling and bucking.

I don't feel this at all after the mods. Actually I didn't feel it once you put some time on it. It was VERY pronounced when it was new, but it all tuned itself out, IMHO. I very well may not be as sensitive to it as others.

Yes at first it was real jerky, it seemed to smooth out a lot after some run time. However the shifting was still there to some extent the last time I ran the saw. The 576 was seamless for the most part, it was a little lean for the first 1/2 tank of fuel.

The 576 give me a fit when I modded it and put the modded muffler on. I guess it flooded itself and had me guessing what was wrong. Put a new plug in and it started right up and ran great.

I don't feel this at all after the mods. Actually I didn't feel it once you put some time on it. It was VERY pronounced when it was new, but it all tuned itself out, IMHO. I very well may not be as sensitive to it as others.

It seemed to be adjusting briefly the first time I cut with it a good bit cooler outside, but after a cut or two, became angrier than ever. I ran two tanks thru it today and I'm impressed with the amount of wood it cuts in a tankful. I lack the experience of most of you guys, but this thing seems very fast to me. Can't wait for my ES Light bar, as all I have now is an old Duramatic 20" hardnose off my 045 Super.

Latest posts

Back