576XP/AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkEagleUSA

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm really itching to buy another saw. I've been waiting months for the new mystery Husqy 572XP/AT (or whatever it's gonna be) but have come to realize that's probably going to be a $1000 saw if and when it arrives. I've had my eyes on a 576XP/AT since I saw one on the shelf at my local dealer right after I got my 562. The problem is there isn't a whole lot of talk around here about the 576, other than it's a Gen 1 AT that has had some issues.

So what's the bottom line? Is the 576XP/AT a decent saw? If a lightly used one were available for $400-$500, would that be a good deal? I know of one in that price range and I'm really torn about what to do.

The 576AT is a great saw, the Gen1 AT system had very little issues in reality. There was a carb change in 2011 and that's pretty much it with respect to the AT system. The greatest hurdle of the 576AT was to get technicians and users to realize its still 99% regular chainsaw.

But we may not see that saw until 2015 too

LOL, buying a 576xp is about like buying a Stihl 441 - large and heavy first generation "strato".

Despite that, the Husky team won the first four places in the latest WLC championship with it - but that likely was because they no longer sponsored the use of the 372xp.....

If you get one make sure it's a w model with AT that has the proper clearance around the drive clutch. the stock covers to tight and plugs easily noodling.I think the 372 uses the same junky cover.My 576XPG AT now noodles great without plugging with the W cover

LOL, buying a 576xp is about like buying a Stihl 441 - large and heavy first generation "strato".

Despite that, the Husky team won the first four places in the latest WLC championship with it - but that likely was because they no longer sponsored the use of the 372xp.....

I'm about tired of all yer Husky bashing Niko! :D

Actually, there are quite a few Husky models that I don't care for or like - and I never made a secret of that! ;)
! I don't like them danged huskies either... there always running out of gas/oil when there's one last block/stick of wood left to cut?? them danged huskies and all their (xp)extra power makes um drink the fluids!! which means I need another beer! lol:givebeer:

! I don't like them danged huskies either... there always running out of gas/oil when there's one last block/stick of wood left to cut?? them danged huskies and all their (xp)extra power makes um drink the fluids!! which means I need another beer! lol:givebeer:

:givebeer: (where did the cheers smiley go????)

If you're really concerned with the weight and the bulk then wait. If not get the 576xp at. It runs so stinkin smooth and pulls hard. The western clutch cover is really open as noted and would take quite a trick to plug. FYI The stock muffler has a pressed in .5"exit under a brazed deflector and is an non-baffled empty can.

You should have already exercised the solution! o_O
Oh, trust me... it's been close. However, with the holidays and everything, I need to be a little prudent with the checkbook. I had hoped Santa might take pity on my soul but that's not looking too good right now... :(

Back