576XP/AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. They run extremely well and are deceiving in how strong they are because of the good manners.

I would buy that $4-500 576xp/AT in a hearbeat if it is in good shape. I had a non-AT 576 for a while, and I liked running it more than the 372xpw, and its more manageable than the 395xpw. Smooth as glass. Not tiring to run like most larger displacement saws. Its a chubby saw like the 441 in the Book of Troll though. Not that that counts... fat bottom saws make the chainsaw world go round!

I passed on the one here locally as it was pretty rough. Top cover was racked. Top of brake handle was cut clean through. Clutch cover looked like it had road rash. It started right up and seemed to run fine, but I didn't get to put it in any wood. The guy was firm on his price ($500) too. I offered $400 and felt that was still high for the condition. Then there was one on eBay that started at $400 and went for $490... my bid was $479.

Probably a good thing though. The holidays always make it tough to spend extra money. At least I don't have any explaining to do to the war department.

Just get a new one unless you can get one on here. You might be able to find a member that has a fluffy one they want to part with.

Just get a new one unless you can get one on here. You might be able to find a member that has a fluffy one they want to part with.
A new 576? Nah... I'd just as soon wait for the new mystery saw. Used, in fair shape, for no more than $400-450 I'll consider.

Keep in mind this isn't a case of "need". :confused:

You would be surprised how little above your used budget you could get into a new one.

Latest posts

Back