576xp vs 390xp vs MS461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the Husqvarna/stihl argument is the same as right/left handed argument. a guy who is right handed will say to the left handed guy "how do you do it" and the Husqvarna guy will say the same to the stihl guy or vise versa. only thing is the right/left handed guys don't have a choice what they choose. I always wonder how those stihl guys run those hunk of ####s. it's like when the power is there the handling isn't and when the handling is the power isn't. buy a husky and you'll get the best of both worlds. I got an 066 as payment for an outboard repair job and I sold that hunk of #### right away. thing was ported and had plenty of power but handled like a gut shot seagull compared to my 385. why pay more for less? :D

all a matter of opinion. i like my hunks the feel solid. i hate the way husky's feel. but you obviously don't

OP i paid less than your quoted price for a 461 for a 660 with a 36" bar. alot less. not quite what your 390 is quoted at but not much more

I would pick a 2188... I'm being tempted by these beautys latley lol

you guys crack me with your one pull saws

I did have a saw that would start, and stay running on the first pull (if you moved the choke in quick enough)- every single time. Echo QV-8000 (rescue saw). Don't know why, didn't ask questions, it just did. I did whisper a sweet nothing here and there, maybe that got her juices flowin'. :)

Maybe the one I'm getting will start on the first pull.;)

I have grown real fond of that 576 I bought from you. Almost hate to say it, but I like it better than the 461 I had some run time on. She is going to stick around here for a while.

Most of you need to understand that suggested retail means nothing. Negotiated purchase price is all that really matters. Husky is an open market. Stihl is a closed market.

Stihl does not negotiate and they don't need to because you have to drive to the location to purchase the saw.

Husky on the other hand can be purchased anywhere in the United States. No rules.

The result is that my cost comparison is extremely accurate whether you would like to admit it or not.

I would purchase a Stihl over a Husky if they were around the same price.
Your Stihl dealer may not negotiate on price, but many do. They can sell saw below MSRP if they want to, they just can't advertise it.

I have grown real fond of that 576 I bought from you. Almost hate to say it, but I like it better than the 461 I had some run time on. She is going to stick around here for a while.

I'm glad you like it. It was a good running saw. I just wanted something different.

I'm glad you like it. It was a good running saw. I just wanted something different.

Sold my 7900 for 576AT for the same reason. Sold 576 because I am getting out of it what I have in it. Now I am waiting to see what the reports are going to be on the 572AT before making a decision. I bought a ported 2260 to use until the 572 arrival. Did I mention I like Autotune.

The 576 is an awesome saw, I would be surprised that Husky would replace it do quickly, maybe they have something more along the lines of their new designed 550 and 562 saws.

There is a 576xp posted by a member in the classifieds for less than $750, its brand new with a 24" bar and chain, from what I can tell he is a decent guy to deal with. :msp_wink: You should email him.

The 576 is an awesome saw, I would be surprised that Husky would replace it do quickly, maybe they have something more along the lines of their new designed 550 and 562 saws.

There is a 576xp posted by a member in the classifieds for less than $750, its brand new with a 24" bar and chain, from what I can tell he is a decent guy to deal with. :msp_wink: You should email him.[/QU

yes I love my MasterMinded 576 but I had an offer I couldn't refuse. I will still get to maintain it and repair it. But Saturday I did see a picture of a 572. Not a good picture but it does exist.

Surely they have - I assume it will replace both the 576xp and the 372xpAT.....

Back