576XPG Discontinued ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Help from the rumor mill please.

Rainy day was out running errands and stopped at a Husky dealer this am. This dealer is not the local one I almost always deal with, but he has an excellent reputation with some loggers I know in his area. As I'm unloading my 372XPG X-Torque before next fall / winter I asked him about a 576XPG and if he would take my 372XPG in trade. He replied yes he would take it in trade but was pretty sure the 576XPG was discontinued and availability was limited to "stock on hand". If that's true, I need to decide what I want to do rather quickly.

So my question is simply, does anybody know the status of the 576XPG, either confirm, deny or add a rumor or two? Again interested in the XPG model only. It is still on Husky's website, but we all know that's not the best source for accurate info.

Thanks in Advance

Take Care

As far as I know, both the 372 and the 576 may be history reasonably soon, and the 576 likely first - but I have no specific info......:givebeer: :popcorn:

Question is will it lose weight and take a 5'' series name? Will 72 still be part of it or are they going a new direction?

There is something worth waiting for.
It will most likely be seen in a "non-G" form first.

No time to wait

Sorry but I need a heated handle saw to replace the 372XPG by fall. Weather is warm enough since April the 372XPG can set on the shelf, but come late Oct. I need something broken in and ready to go.

Take Care

Question is will it lose weight and take a 5'' series name? Will 72 still be part of it or are they going a new direction?

All I am 100% sure of is the "5" and the "7" - time will tell the rest of the story.

My logic brain cell tells me 572xp/xpg though.....

Last edited:
Wow just from a marketing standpoint I can't believe Husqvarna would discontinue one of if not it's most popular and best selling saws. (372)

Well, it already isn't what it used to be, and the xt version likely is just a "stop-gap", before it really is replaced. The 575xp and 576xp never managed to replace the 372xp, even though that was what they were supposed to do...

I am anxiously waiting.... I love my 576XP with the exception of the weight and size. To me this is not only a Husky problem "441" is a little hefty as well. I'm sure Spike or Terry have an inside track on the future.

I am anxiously waiting.... I love my 576XP with the exception of the weight and size. To me this is not only a Husky problem "441" is a little hefty as well. I'm sure Spike or Terry have an inside track on the future.

The 576xp and the 441 both suffer from being first generation "strato" saws, no surprice there! :givebeer:

From the little I know, the only negative with the "572" is that it has an inboard clutch, same mistake as with the 372 and 576.....

Last edited:
The 576xp and the 441 both suffer from being first generation "strato" saws, no surprice there! :givebeer:

From the little I know, the only negative with the "572" is that it has an inboard clutch, same mistake as with the 372 and 576.....

Saw troll...I really think you're in the minority on that one...most users want an inboard clutch on a felling saw, particularly one that size.

If you want to improve the balance maybe you can add some weights to the clutch cover....but that of course would increase the bottom line...

Wow just from a marketing standpoint I can't believe Husqvarna would discontinue one of if not it's most popular and best selling saws. (372)

They quit the 346xp....

Basically these saw companies have no choice, ever increasing emissions standards dictate they keep tweaking. They also know that e15 will be quite common soon, and their saws will be forced to run on that absolute crap fuel, so they have to do something.

It may get to the point they won't even offer warranties unless run on their brand canned fuel, and the sensors will pick up on it and not even run with anything else. That's down the pike, but it certainly could happen.

The other thing..I see strato and these sort of almost smart carbs/ignition systems are pure stopgap, direct injection will be the ticket as soon as the bugs are worked out better and all the suits get done arguing and paying each other off over dubious (but *legal*) intellectual property concerns..

Back