57cc Honda powered MTD Ridgeline

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen alot of 4 stroke chainsaws. most are just to heavy for the amount of power output. That tech is changing very fast with lighter weight alloys
Home depot had one listed on their website a while ago. Almost bought it. Sintex or something like that. Green and black colored thing. Kinda Intrigued by it.

In the mid 80's Honda sold a lot of ****** equipment at there motorcycle dealerships. I worked on bikes but only put the ****** together. They had a factory tech come in for warranty repairs on ****** It was a while back but I kinda remember at one time they even made an outboard engine. I could be mixed up a little I worked on a lot of brands of outboard, Johnson. Evinrude etc. there was a lot of different ones in that field didn't do it long.

The outboard fuel tank I hook up to my Honda generator is also Honda brand. Has a separate oil bottle too.

Home depot had one listed on their website a while ago. Almost bought it. Sintex or something like that. Green and black colored thing. Kinda Intrigued by it.

Senix; I have one. Having carb issues, despite only ever running on non-ethanol fuel, and I haven't cared enough to dig into it and see what's up. I need to, though. Interesting saw.

anyways now that I had some time I gutted the muffler and modded it. The saw took 4 to five pulls to start cold. Choke on pull 3, pop 4th start. It ran super hot all the time and I could feel the engine acting aif it was constipated. I broke it in bucking the rounds for this pile of about 2 1/2 cds. It was a pita to start when it was hot. I gutted the muffler of it's green jewelry and 2 baffle plates. Welded it back together, still has the original spark arrestor, made a shroud after removing the clogging fin work on the original plate. The inside is straight through, the exhaust is only redirected once at the shroud. I tweeked the mixture screws just a little to the rich on low and high. What a difference. It doesn't run near as hot and first pull start up when cold or warmed up. It definantly grew some cajones. Higher smooth rpm and no longer bogs in the cut. This winter I will throw it on the bench and start on the engine and fuel system. I am happy with it now, before, not so much. cheers

Attachments

• 20230821_122403.jpg
    20230821_122403.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230821_122926.jpg
    20230821_122926.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230821_121133.jpg
    20230821_121133.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230821_121123.jpg
    20230821_121123.jpg