60cc Saws the "Best" general purpose saw concept proven over time? Maybe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
This one is a little lighter than my 70cc saw but I still prefer the 70cc. If a lot of small limbing is required I'll grab my very light 021.

I am pretty much on a one saw plan now and it is a Husqvarna 555 AT. 24" bar for west coast style firewood that can run large at times. My saw will pull a 24" bar pretty easily with a sharp chain. I would not go any longer though.
I don't see any need for a different sized saw for what I cut, ( Just CAD and want.)

image.jpg
I've been using a 20" on my ported 372x-torq. 036 with an 18" doesn't get used much. Torque and speed difference between the two are significant. Weight difference isn't that much.

MY fav (by far) firewood saw is, my Husky 550xp... My helper uses my Husky 55. He likes the 550, but I keep telling him, "you have to wear out the 55 first!" lol

IF, we have bigger wood, out comes my Jonsered 2260, and we both love that saw too! lol

I don't even take my 268xp to the woods, any longer!

SR

Hell no - once I shut off the saw I have to get down to real work.

I dont get the logic that X saw cuts a firewood log a second faster than Y saw..this stuff gets borderline ridiculous.

I agree , the saw is the EASY part..so i use the minimal approach on that task to save my energy for the HARD part....this stuff is funny :laugh:

I'd say over 90 percent of the wood I've cut in my lifetime was done with a 60 something cc saw.

2165/365 are nice saws but it goes without saying that a 372 will do everything better.

562 will outcut a 365 and is lighter and more nimble. Quite possibly the ultimate one saw plan depending on what one is cutting.

562xp and 555 are pretty dreamy. I purchased a 555 and have 4 other saws around the farm. The 555 gets 90% of the use. The only time it isn't chosen is because another saw is in the tractors scabbard and I run across something needing cut.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

man that's some easy splitting wood! even our easiest splitting wood has to be damn near crispy dry to split even somewhat close to that. for firewood i think i'll take 60cc with a 24" bar. as long as it's not a clamshell i'm happy.

I'd say over 90 percent of the wood I've cut in my lifetime was done with a 60 something cc saw.

2165/365 are nice saws but it goes without saying that a 372 will do everything better.

562 will outcut a 365 and is lighter and more nimble. Quite possibly the ultimate one saw plan depending on what one is cutting.[/QUOTE

What is the difference between the 555 and 562xp?

Price, and a little power.
Technically the following:

Plastic & air filter
Carb & Ignition The 555 doesn't have "rev boost" & the carb has a different tune.
Crank Shaft doesn't have "stuffers"
555 is lighter because it has a small mount bar vs. the larger "standard" Husqvarna mount the 562 has

The power difference isn't as much as you would think.

Price, and a little power.
Technically the following:

Plastic & air filter
Carb & Ignition The 555 doesn't have "rev boost" & the carb has a different tune.
Crank Shaft doesn't have "stuffers"
555 is lighter because it has a small mount bar vs. the larger "standard" Husqvarna mount the 562 has

The power difference isn't as much as you would think.
Thanks. I really like your YouTube videos.

Latest posts

Back