61 to 272-clearance questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The serial number also is an indication, and as I recall it there were two different gray top covers in use (one before and one after the extensive changes early 1991).

Attachments

• SB 61 Changes on the model 61 from serial number 1070001.pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 13
Good info Niko!!.....have to save that!!

Am I correct in reading that change number as from the 7th month of 1991 forward being the date of the case change for the 61?

7th week 1991 is what it means - but that's just the "official" time, and not always accurate on production saws.

I got that file from @ray benson last year, along with hundreds of others.

There was a corresponding IPL issued as well of course, but that one (alone) can be a bit confusing in the way it points out what parts are new....

Attachments

• 61- IPL 1991-03.pdf
    263.1 KB · Views: 9
7th week 1991 is what it means - but that's just the "official" time, and not always accurate on production saws.

I got that file from @ray benson last year, along with hundreds of others.

There was a corresponding IPL issued as well of course, but that one (alone) can be a bit confusing in the way it points out what parts are new....

7th WEEK...of course...not sure why I seem to suddenly be having such a brain cramp on IDing these numbers....perhaps nor using the info as frequently as earlier.....or, perhaps just getting old...LOL!! Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back