62f

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours was down to 60F this morning and the wife's tolerance is only down to 59F - if it hits that then the heating device goes on (OWB or propane furnace.) Seems too early to light the fire in the OWB so I made a fire in the fireplace and it's up to 66F now and higher in the living room. That should keep the furnace off for at least a few more days.

propane furnace is shut off OWB sits cold and the house has it a low of 62 so far.

I'm trying to hold out till november...

Started the woodstove last night, just a "small fire", first time this season. Is this the start of a "long cold winter"??? ;) :laugh: :bringit:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice stove. Is that a Regency I3100? It looks almost identical to mine. (Your draft control rod looks like it is in a slightly different location than mine.)

This will be the 3rd winter that I will use mine. So far... no complaints.

Cheers

Nice stove. Is that a Regency I3100? It looks almost identical to mine. (Your draft control rod looks like it is in a slightly different location than mine.)

This will be the 3rd winter that I will use mine. So far... no complaints.

Cheers

Thanks,
it's the Regency I2400M. Bought it October of '07, this is our 5th year of NOT heating with oil. :clap: No complaints, it has served us well so far. I did have to replace the motor in the blower at the end of last season though. We have to run the blower on high most of the time to keep the whole house warm. After getting a price to replace the blower I was very relieved to find out I was able to purchase the blower motor assembly separately for about half the cost.
Stoked the fire again this morning at 4am.....

attachment.php

our Quadradire looks much like the stove above. The first year I ran the blower all the time. The next year after cleaning I left the front panel off for the heck of it.....no need for the blower now. The radiant heat from having more of the stove exposed more than makes up for not running the blower. I even put a small piece of finished steel (painted black) between the stove and the top of the fire box to get a finished look (hiding the flue pipe). You can still see the fireplace surrounding the stove as well.

FWIW....

My heat pump is set to come on when it is 65 degrees in the house. It has been in the upper 30s at night and into the 50s during the day. I have been burning a couple of small fires daily for the last few weeks. The last time the heat pump came on was for A/C.

This time of year is the perfect time to burn all those funky pieces. The challenge is being disciplined enough to keep the fire small and then letting it go out before it overheats the whole house.

our Quadradire looks much like the stove above. The first year I ran the blower all the time. The next year after cleaning I left the front panel off for the heck of it.....no need for the blower now. The radiant heat from having more of the stove exposed more than makes up for not running the blower. I even put a small piece of finished steel (painted black) between the stove and the top of the fire box to get a finished look (hiding the flue pipe). You can still see the fireplace surrounding the stove as well.

FWIW....

Hadn't thought of doing that, I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip. :msp_thumbup:
Fired the stove up again tonight, going down to the upper 30's.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back