660 dual port settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullchisel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
could anyone tell me what there h and L setting are with the dual port on the 660.having trouble getting mine set right.12,800 on the tach the plug is gray.it seems to lean.

There is no "standard" setting for the dual port on a 660. Set it by ear... Slight 4-stroke sound at WOT with say a 28-30 inch bar. The tach is only to check you aren't wildly over the max allowed (13k).

If you think you are lean, you can also just turn it slighly richer. If lean, it won't hurt your cut times...

I ignore plug color for tuning... It's an interesting diagnostic tool for an unknown saw, but....

Last edited:
There is no "standard" setting for the dual port on a 660. Set it by ear... Slight 4-stroke sound at WOT with say a 28-30 inch bar. The tach is only to check you aren't wildly over the max allowed (13k).

If you think you are lean, you can also just turn it slighly richer. If lean, it won't hurt your cut times...

I ignore plug color for tuning... It's an interesting diagnostic tool for an unknown saw, but....

i did pull the cap and set it a little bit more rich and ignored the tach.it seems to pull a little better.it sounds like it is just barely 4 stroking out of the cut. h is about 1 1/8 out l is about 1 turn out.

Most all of my 066's are about 1 1/8 out on both L & H

here are a couple of them in commercial use all run Dual ports with a little woodporting done to the P/C's most I have had for the last 5 years or more,,
attachment.php

attachment.php

Most all my 660's wear 36's with Stihl .063 gauge full comp rs

attachment.php

Garys leaning on this one pretty hard!!!!!

ok on a 660 (H) screw.. the screw turned counter clockwise all the way - this being the standard setting.. is this the lean or rich condition?? The screw is "backed" out.. so more fuel is being given correct?

stated another way - rich is all the way in (clockwise) or out (counter clockwise)

ok on a 660 (H) screw.. the screw turned counter clockwise all the way - this being the standard setting.. is this the lean or rich condition?? The screw is "backed" out.. so more fuel is being given correct?

stated another way - rich is all the way in (clockwise) or out (counter clockwise)

IN is lean, OUT is rich

There is no "standard" setting for the dual port on a 660. Set it by ear... Slight 4-stroke sound at WOT with say a 28-30 inch bar. The tach is only to check you aren't wildly over the max allowed (13k). QUOTE]

Andy, did the DP covers have different port sizes, with earlier being larger?

I have a pair, and the large outlet version is on my 660 that forstrokes at 13,500. Too high?

The smaller port version is on my 066BB(apples to oranges, I know) and it 4 strokes at 12,500(smaller transfers despite larger bore). This is my milling saw, and I proably should make it a bit richer to keep it cool.

I have the H all the out and it still does not sound like it's 4 stroking.. but then again I only have WOT for a few sec's... until I do have a tach and see what the rpms are for ref.

I have never seen the yellow caps but it sure does not look like this has them... the screw driver goes in approx 1 1/2"... the H only turns 3/4...
If it did have the yellow caps how do they come off/out... But I really
don't think it has them...

Latest posts

Back