661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another example would be to use a spray bottle to spray diesel fuel on a lit candle. It would simply put the candle out.
The only difference in diesel fuel and gasoline is the temperatures in which their components boil off with diesel obviously boiling off at much higher temps.
We're talking about pump gas as diesel chainsaws aren't exactly common.

I don't know if I would try that as it just might ignite the vapors before it reaches the liquid fuel..
But one could certainly have a sparkplug submerged in fuel firing(if it didnt go to ground) and it would not ignite a damn thing.
Is why it is safe to run wires into a fuel tank of a car i take it for the electric fuel pumps .

Bwalker a few questions. I agree the the oils with less viscosity as 2r,k2,710 ,lucas r gonna be more efficient in the combustion process and still offer the same protection in our application. Also think the right builup is indication of proper tuning and correct oil for our application. Will the lower viscosity oils at 32to1 offer the same protection in the bottomend as the ester oils at 32to1 and what are the negatives in the topend using the ester oils at 32to1 in the topend other than impeding the combustion process? Thanks

Yes, they will.
The negatives are deposits. The more heat it takes to combust something fully the more dirty it is and for what good reason when you never need or reach its capabilities.
I would be comfortable in saying 2R.in particular can take on any abuse a saw is capable of dishing out, including the nastiest race. The stuff has a 30 some year track record in very demanding applications.

Yes, they will.
The negatives are deposits. The more heat it takes to combust something fully the more dirty it is and for what good reason when you never need or reach its capabilities.
I would be comfortable in saying 2R.in particular can take on any abuse a saw is capable of dishing out, including the nastiest race. The stuff has a 30 some year track record in very demanding applications.
Same philosophy that the tech at Maxima gave me

Yes, they will.
Whats ur opinion on Lucas?

Takes spark to light fuel. A cigarette doesn't have that.

Speaking of cigarette I think I'll have one.

You are completely wrong and I am not going to bother trying to correct your ignorance.

I don't know if I would try that as it just might ignite the vapors before it reaches the liquid fuel..
But one could certainly have a sparkplug submerged in fuel firing(if it didnt go to ground) and it would not ignite a damn thing.

If I'm wrong the explain. Because the way I see it throwing a smoldering cigarette into a liquid makes not smolder. Therefore you'd need some kind of spark to ignite.

If enough vapors are present a cig will ignite gasoline. This is why smoking in a gas station is a bad idea..

I bet Cutin can't understand that wood doesn't burn either..only the gases produced as its heated actually burn..
Just in case you didn't see it the first time as you're bound to repeat yourself

Relative to the oil, some fuel does evaporate (like I previousely stated http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...1-vs-40-1-vs-50-1.276534/page-91#post-5320692), but 2 cycle motors, like all spark ignited motors rely on burning atomized fuel at the delivery of spark, not a spontaneous combustion like a diesel. I thought you knew about how a 2 cycle works ?
Everything said above is hog wash..
A two cycle motor like all motors combust fuels in a gas state. I never mentioned spontaneous combustion. And a diesel doesn't rely on spontaneous combustion either. It uses an ignition source just like a gasoline engine.

Everything said above is hog wash..
A two cycle motor like all motors combust fuels in a gas state. I never mentioned spontaneous combustion. And a diesel doesn't rely on spontaneous combustion either. It uses an ignition source just like a gasoline engine.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Priceless

Latest posts

Back