661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since all this takes accurate measuring what are you all using to measure out the oil for mixing?

I'm using a glass corningware now. And always swish with gas to get that last of it out. Speaking of which that in itself is telling somewhat of an oils weight I think as some take more effort to get completely diluted and out of the glass.

Since all this takes accurate measuring what are you all using to measure out the oil for mixing?

I'm using a glass corningware now. And always swish with gas to get that last of it out. Speaking of which that in itself is telling somewhat of an oils weight I think as some take more effort to get completely diluted and out of the glass.
A ratio right that I have had since 1994.

Which is another reason a little solvent isn't a bad thing..

I'm going to try yamalube and maybe lucas next. I've seen the inside of Matt's 7900 and it was run on Lucas with a good coating on the inside.

You are inviting comments that paint with a broad brush.
Quality oils are quality oils regardless of what base oils they use.
Can one PM me some info then lol

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

Its about balance.. Too thick and it combusts like crap. Too thin and it doesn't lubricate as well.
Surely an oil like 710 which is designed for both would be fine? What puts you off an oil designed for both applications?

That's just an indication of oil ratio. It's not like one oil coats better than the other.
Stihl ultra at 50:1 feels dry inside. Any of the bike oils I tried were wet on the inside even when I didn't run 32:1 and was more towards 45:1.

Why would that be? Talking about Ultra or any dry lubricant. (That sounds bad dont it?) And is dry necessarily bad?

There are spray lubricants that work well like graphite that are dry.

Latest posts

Back