661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been out for 10 years or so. It was originally developed for Kart racing. As the "K" stands for kart.
Two strokes are definantly in a minority now.

Sadly learning about 2 strokes is a lost art lol, I still like learning about them and maybe one day the knowledge will pay off.

"Lean" (or "rich") applies to the air/fuel ratio, not the gasoline/oil ratio.
"Lean" means too much air for the amount of fuel (or not enough fuel for the amount of air).
In other words... you could be drowning the engine with oil, but it could still be running "lean".
You will seize them at 16:1 if the air/ fuel ratio is lean. The seized motors I have torn down always had oil in the lower end.

You haven't torn down many seized motors I take it.

Yes I have and I have a good understanding of how 2 cycle engines work and what doesn't .
You carry on with your valuable knowledge on here , I'll just sit back and listen .

Not as good as you think, if you believe lean seized motors don't have oil coating the bottom end.

I'm not just talking the bottom end , that piston is wet with oil unless it was put on it afterward .

Has anyone noticed any performace difference between the brands ? Better throttle response ?

I am with flatie on this .......all of the above............. please go into details and answer both questions you posed
As I have said I can't go into detail for certain until I get a bunch more run time on it.
Based on what I have seen thus far with tuning, how clean it burns, lack of smell I think it's a pretty decent oil. Although as I mentioned above its really too early to tell much till full internal tear down are done.

I would use K2 100% of the time if it was more cost effective for me.
I suspect what it's going to come dome to for me is the question of if K2 is worth almost double the price and the hassle of mail ordering vs Yam 2R which I can buy local. The only other high end oil available local is Motul 800 and I really don't have any interest in running it.

Latest posts

Back