661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled the cylinder on the 7900 tonight after about 5 gallons of fuel mixed with K2 and I had carbon....
Not a huge thing to me lol

None the less the crank was coated in a real nice coat of oil. If it looks like that to me I can see the saw living a healthy life.

I really don't tear down a saw for this, I was more interested in how the saw came apart and to see how tight the crankcase is on these saws (holy cow there is no room in that case lol how does the7900 run so good ????)

I'm very pleased with how K2 and 32:1 are doing so far. Yamalube is next to try. Looking forward to purple fuel haha

I know 5 gallons is minor but none the less I had a some stress reliving fun lol
Sent from my non internal combustion device.
You should have carbon on the piston crown if your tuned right.

I do miss the good 'ol days when I didn't care about oil then I met Mobil1 MX2T/Racing2T. It was an awesome oil for $3.50 a pint or $7 a quart @ Autozone. I've tried different oils since the supply of Mobil dried up, mostly Motul 710 and Stihl Ultra since I can get them both at my Stihl dealer. I also really like Baileys Woodlandpro syn. The price is right on Bailey's oil and I can have it delivered to my front door without having to leave the house. Also the Woodlandpro oil exhaust has a very negligible smell which is a plus in my book.

Those of you who want to try Bailey's oil check Amazon. Bailey's offer $1.99 shipping on their oils from time to time when purchased through Amazon.

I got some of the G-Oil 16 ounce bottles from Walmart on clearance for a buck a piece. The exhaust smoke smells exactly like you are burning hamburger meat while grilling so I'm not using it now even though I'm sure its an okay oil. This gets the award for the worst smelling exhaust. I'd take the old 40 weight ND mixed @16:1 smell over this any day.

Does anyone have any past pictures of the Mobil 2T oil in their saws?

Does anyone remember any downside to this oil? Sure seems like a Miracle Oil to me. Why did they quit producing it?

Still available downunder. But a fair bit more than 7 bucks a quart.

The boxes i found say mx2t ,same stuff though ,just has a dirtbike on it ,i found a place that had some old stock still ,does not hurt to call places that sell mobil oil and see if have some old sock ,i posted in the mobil thread also ,but here is for those that have not seen the thread mobil 1 2t 001.JPG mobil 1 2t 001.JPG

Latest posts

Back