661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always here of failures here running 50:1, but i run 50:1 and have never had a failure. i think most of the fails on this forum is from people grabbing the wrong gas jug.
or they don't know how to mix.
EXAMPLE ----- such and such person owns a 2 gallon gallon can but fills it completely full of gas which is most likely 2.5 gallons, then the person adds a bottle of 50:1 mix when it is for 1 GALLON of gas and bingo after 2 tanks the saw is cooked.

i always here of failures here running 50:1, but i run 50:1 and have never had a failure. i think most of the fails on this forum is from people grabbing the wrong gas jug.
EXAMPLE ----- such and such person owns a 2 gallon gallon can but fills it completely full of gas which is most likely 2.5 gallons, then the person adds a bottle of 50:1 mix when it is for 1 GALLON of gas and bingo after 2 tanks the saw is cooked.

so really you are saying that cooked saws here are a result of 125:1? lol i hold no doubt.

to tell you the truth i have seen a lot of stupid sh** the past three years on this forum so it would not surprise me if somebody mixes fuel like that.
further more if wouldn't surprise me if a heavy drinker is cutting wood and grabs the wrong can to refill the saw either.

image.jpeg
Last time i checked this saw had 270 hours of actual run time mostly used as my climbing/cherry picker saw with about 4 weeks thinning and a resonable amount of firewood thrown in aswell over probibly around 14 months or so @32.1
Has epic bog and never really been a great running saw , wanna guess what oil ?

Gasoline is all solvent of one kind or another. And my comments assume apples to apples when it pertains to ethanol content. An ethanol doped fuel will have less btu than an ethanol free fuel, which is one of the reasons ethanol is a scam.

Absolutely correct and is exactly how I understand it. However SOME high octane pump blends use alcohols to raise octane, which lowers the amount of energy. Now fuels producers like VP manage ever aspect of the fuel, especially vapor pressure.

For the most part 50:1 is fine, especially in a stock saw, tuning is far more vital. I simply see no downside to 32:1 so that's what I recommend, and run in my saws. All of my other OPE blowers, trimmer run on 50:1 mix.

People including engines builders some with decades of experience told you what was what, you didn't listen, and you still don't know what you're talking about. I'm not trying to attack you and I never was, but you resisted the information you were given, and did so arrogantly. There was no clear winner, in any way shape or form.

Again you're resisting not listening, don't take things so seriously, go have a beer or something.

You would have to determine the trapped compression ratio. What psi number? I don't know exactly, but I do know it will be over 250psi.

Really you need to talk about compression ratio when talking about octane requirements.

Fastest to slowest using ALL timed cuts:
1) HP2
2) R2
3) K2
4) R50
5) Saber

There was a 7.1% difference in total cut times between 1st place (HP2) and last place (Saber).

If that's the case, then there's something wrong with the saw that it cannot tune correctly.

When I was going through drums of 2 cycle oil per year 50:1 and cheap oil ruled the day.

all the spec sheets, data sheets, whats in this oil, what in rated for, whats in that oil from the oil company's don't mean **** to me. I could care less about whats in it. I just want the fastest cut times and a reasonably clean engine. these 2 factors should give the engine a long life.

for me that oil is schaeffers. been using it in all the 2t engines we have for over 20 years. not 1 oil related failure.

i'm very interested in what redbull is doing. if 7%faster cut times don't mean anything to you then do the rest of us a favor and don't post anymore, we are tired of your dribble.
i'll take that free 7% in a race any day.
real world testing will show more then any lab testing,

man you forgot to use your favorite word ... we're all "culls" right?

poorly thought out. yeah like how you opened up that muffler on the 260. :bowdown:

I proved quite a bit. Your just butt hurt about it. Had 2r won, my test would of totally been valid. JUST like the one that showed 32:1 was best out of the ratios. See you said that was valid. But this one that didn't fit what you wanted is not.

well dudes you have fun speculating about what is what. I'll be back in 5 months to actually DO something again. Don't wear out your keyboards! Happy holidays :havingarest:

if you want to test over the winter in a heated shop just say the word. I test in there over the winter anyway.

all the spec sheets, data sheets, whats in this oil, what in rated for, whats in that oil from the oil company's don't mean **** to me. I could care less about whats in it. I just want the fastest cut times and a reasonably clean engine. these 2 factors should give the engine a long life.

for me that oil is schaeffers. been using it in all the 2t engines we have for over 20 years. not 1 oil related failure.

i'm very interested in what redbull is doing. if 7%faster cut times don't mean anything to you then do the rest of us a favor and don't post anymore, we are tired of your dribble.
i'll take that free 7% in a race any day.
real world testing will show more then any lab testing,

Tell us how you really feel lol.

Sorry but the test showed very little difference in cut times, and you know it. I get why you responded, you know RB personally so that's cool. Unfortunately you simply can't have a constructive conversation about this topic with him, he puts up a wall and declares whet he thinks as the gospel, and instead of listening he goes into attack mode. I've tried to give him advice in PM's a pat on the the back here and there, he wouldn't have it. I have all the respect in the world for you and what you know, lets not make this personal like RB did. He simply was trying to tell others myself included what was what, he knew little coming into this, but he has learned the hard way. Is what I say dribble? maybe so.:crazy2:

RB you're taking this all too personally. Your test did prove something 32:1 and 40:1 both work well, lets leave it at that and move on.

Tell us how you really feel lol.

Sorry but the test showed very little difference in cut times, and you know it. I get why you responded, you know RB personally so that's cool. Unfortunately you simply can't have a constructive conversation about this topic with him, he puts up a wall and declares whet he thinks as the gospel, and instead of listening he goes into attack mode. I've tried to give him advice in PM's a pat on the the back here and there, he wouldn't have it. I have all the respect in the world for you and what you know, lets not make this personal like RB did. He simply was trying to tell others myself included what was what, he knew little coming into this, but he has learned the hard way. Is what I say dribble? maybe so.:crazy2:

RB you're taking this all too personally. Your test did prove something 32:1 and 40:1 both work well, lets leave it at that and move on.

Seriously??? There was way more to the test then cut times... Again your closed minded and biased. People can watch and decide for themselves if it's worth trying one of them oils whether it's hp2 or the others. Spend a couple of bux and try it.

twisting stuff again - nice spin dude. you saint! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

oh bloody hell... NONE of your post is even remotely true...the truth. Man your just as bad as bwalker.

************* Ok anyone that isn't a regular poster here and looking for information. Go watch the videos in this post and decide for yourself if any of the oils are worth a try and please let use know how you like any of them. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY OF US! HERE IS A ACTUAL TEST. GO DECIDE FOR YOURSELF

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...-vs-40-1-vs-50-1.276534/page-405#post-5629361

Method -

put first test oil/gas in saw (hp2)

make 20 cuts in firewood
put brand new stihl chain on
piss rev saw to stretch chain.
retension chain
clean air filter
top off bar oil
top off gas
Now wait and check jug temp until 225 F is reached
start saw
2 cuts log 1
2 cuts log 2
2 cuts log 3
2 cuts log 4
2 cuts log 5
walk back to table as fast as I can turn off saw
check jug temp
dump hp2 out
put in oil/gas #2 (k2)
make 20 cuts in firewood
put brand new stihl chain on
piss rev saw to stretch chain.
repeat repeat repeat

apparently 7% difference in cut times, or 45-50F degrees difference in jug temp, or the obvious differences in exhaust sound... is all meaningless, to the Trolls anyway. So again, don't listen to anyone here, please watch and decide for yourselves.

Seriously??? There was way more to the test then cut times... Again your closed minded and biased. People can watch and decide for themselves if it's worth trying one of them oils whether it's hp2 or the others. Spend a couple of bux and try it.

twisting stuff again - nice spin dude. you saint!

I started running HP2 in July, so I'm not sure what I'm biased about. Difference in exhaust sound? Twisting what? At this point you've totally lost me, and not to be mean, but I think you have some issues. Carry on I'll stop trying to be the voice of reason. Best of luck.

I started running HP2 in July, so I'm not sure what I'm biased about. Difference in exhaust sound? Twisting what? At this point you've totally lost me, and not to be mean, but I think you have some issues. Carry on I'll stop trying to be the voice of reason. Best of luck.

oh of course! now you've been using hp2 all the long! :bowdown: damn andy stop holding out on us! :wtf:

Personally, I appreciate the efforts and videos that have been made available to us.

It's obvious to me that R50 sounds good, but runs a little funny in the videos after several cuts, but I never had that problem, the smell gets to me quickly now, so I mix it 50/50 with 800 off road and I like it.

I have a few more oils to try now thanks to the videos and results and will be keeping an eye out for future videos. I love my 50/50 mix, and I like K2. I will see how 2R and HP2 act in my stuff as soon as I need more oil.

I do understand that there are variables at play that arent controlled, but in the videos you can see some of them play out and I take that into consideration.

All that being said, I appreciate the time and efforts that were needed to get this done. I just have 2 questions, which may have been covered already, but I need to ask.

1. Was this 661 ported ?
2. What fuel was used ?

So far my pick is still R50 but liking HP2 also. Ive ran several oils and looked into several motors to see whats goin on internally. Id like to seen 800t thrown in there RB as its been one of the best Ive tried

for sure dude. I really want to see 800, dumonde and mobil 1 ... Si7 also has peaked my interest as well.

well maybe we can set up a few logs in scott's shop and test a couple more of these.

maybe i'll keep r50 around and test it again in the ported 661. Still think it stinks...BAD! lol

1. Was this 661 ported ?
2. What fuel was used ?

1. just my muffler mod
2. 91 Eth free

for sure dude. I really want to see 800, dumonde and mobil 1 ... Si7 also has peaked my interest as well.

well maybe we can set up a few logs in scott's shop and test a couple more of these.

maybe i'll keep r50 around and test it again in the ported 661. Still think it stinks...BAD! lol
Test away man! U got folks interested and that appreciate the efforts. Of the oils ive tested I mostly like to see whats goin on internally with lowerend residual and burn on top in which I usually cut my saw off at wot to check

Latest posts

Back