661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although to be fair, idling before shutdown can make a plug look like that.
Plug reading is of much less value than most think as it pertains to tuning.
I always let it idle for a few minutes before turning it off......thinking it will assist in cooling.

Never played with the xtorque version but the older version was about a perfect falling saw.
I decided to go with a 372 for a lighter firewood saw as opposed to my 660. I'll keep the 660 around for really big stuff. I have a Husky 20" techlite .058 bar I'll try on the 372. I'm considering a 24"cannon light for it when they're available.

Someone told me you fellas need somtin about 661 and 066 .............. both of mine be worked

I will say that opening the exhaust more on my ported 066 caused the tune to get up higher in the wood for max power.
WOT unloaded is pig fat burbling rich, she cleans up with 1/3 of the bar cutting (36" .404) .......... and was making the most RPM's in the cut tuned to 13,200-13,300 ............................ but now with a toilet flange for exhaust outlet, she is holding higher RPM in the cut tuned at 13,800.

I do need more time to dial her in, but I believe that a saw should be tuned in the cut for max RPM (while cutting), so long as you 4 stroke out of the wood, I dont care how much she burbles WOT unloaded, I only care about max power in the cut

I decided to go with a 372 for a lighter firewood saw as opposed to my 660. I'll keep the 660 around for really big stuff. I have a Husky 20" techlite .058 bar I'll try on the 372. I'm considering a 24"cannon light for it when they're available.
A 20" bar and a 372 are like peas and carrots.

Latest posts

Back