661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super techniplate is the dirty stuff. Original is the best imo, but nobody stocks it. R50 works great but a no no in lower temps. KL200 original techniplate is the cats meow. You can get a case for around $100. I'm almost out, and may buy a case soon. I'll send you a quart if you want to wait a bit. BTW, that amsoil sabre pro I tried was very unimpressive, I won't use that crap. The kids go cart is burning up the rest as I type this.
How could I refuse such an awesome and generous offer ?
I would love to try some, but you have to let me pay you for it, or let me send you some H1R, K2 or Lucas. I have lots of H1R and don't really like it as much as R50 or 800. I have about 2 gallons of Lucas and K2 to try soon, so there is plenty to send ya.

I totally agree with you on that Amsoil .............. 100% !!! (and the rest of the stuff I had went into the tractor)

PM me when you are ready to swap oils again !!!

Out of H1R or 800 2t which is your preference?
Also the off road or on road motul?
If you are asking me, 800 off road.
I have been giving away H1R and adding it to my 4 cycle fuel to try to get rid of it.

Out of R50, 800 off road, and H1R................ I like them in that order.
I still have to really try K2, and Lucas. Havent given either of them much run time yet

How could I refuse such an awesome and generous offer ?
I would love to try some, but you have to let me pay you for it, or let me send you some H1R, K2 or Lucas. I have lots of H1R and don't really like it as much as R50 or 800. I have about 2 gallons of Lucas and K2 to try soon, so there is plenty to send ya.

I totally agree with you on that Amsoil .............. 100% !!! (and the rest of the stuff I had went into the tractor)

PM me when you are ready to swap oils again !!!
I gave MustangMike 5 bottles of Amsoil Saber i had, i've never used it. What don't you like about it?

Thanks Chris, got it in the mail today.

Re: AMSOIL Saber ... In the past people posted good things about it, so I switched from Stihl, now everyone seems to hate it. Seems to work well for me, so I'll keep on using it. I've go a decent amount of it, so I'm going to keep using it unless I have problems with it.

Thanks Chris, got it in the mail today.

Re: AMSOIL Saber ... In the past people posted good things about it, so I switched from Stihl, now everyone seems to hate it. Seems to work well for me, so I'll keep on using it. I've go a decent amount of it, so I'm going to keep using it unless I have problems with it.
No doubt its good oil Mustang! I used it in outboards and bikes. It just burned alil dirty fairly quick for me

I gave MustangMike 5 bottles of Amsoil Saber i had, i've never used it. What don't you like about it?
I didn't like the smell it had when mixed with VP and it put a nice black layer on the piston real quickly, and coated the exhaust port with black stuff.

The R50 cleaned it all up pretty quickly on that machine. 800 does the same as far as cleaning from my observations.

You and Hedgerow happen to be the reason I got Lucas, and Brads why I got K2. I have over a gallon of each of them to try out, but they have some stiff competition from 800 and R50.

R50 probably just got moved down a half of a notch due to that low spot I was in this past weekend. It could have been the smell of the tree I was cutting mixed in with the R50 and VP, but the tree smelled like diluted piss and when I cut the stumps, I felt like my nose was overwhelmed with the intensity of the smells. Have to give it one more try on a job with more than 1 tree to be sure. No headache or nausea, just kept spitting to rid myself of that smell :baba:

Received the 800 Road racing blend today, did not mix any due to a gallon of R50 that needs to be used up first. Lol

I know it is a super small complaint but, it is just something I noticed lol

Motul 800 Off Road has a very pleasant banana/ coconut smell in the bottle. Road Racing...... not so much. Kind has a pungent smell like K2.

It will be interesting to see how slick it leaves everything inside.

Need more saws....

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

I didn't like the smell it had when mixed with VP and it put a nice black layer on the piston real quickly, and coated the exhaust port with black stuff.

The R50 cleaned it all up pretty quickly on that machine. 800 does the same as far as cleaning from my observations.

You and Hedgerow happen to be the reason I got Lucas, and Brads why I got K2. I have over a gallon of each of them to try out, but they have some stiff competition from 800 and R50.

R50 probably just got moved down a half of a notch due to that low spot I was in this past weekend. It could have been the smell of the tree I was cutting mixed in with the R50 and VP, but the tree smelled like diluted piss and when I cut the stumps, I felt like my nose was overwhelmed with the intensity of the smells. Have to give it one more try on a job with more than 1 tree to be sure. No headache or nausea, just kept spitting to rid myself of that smell :baba:
R50 is ok in a dirt bike or snowmobile but the smell is too much right under your nose in a saw IMO.

Received the 800 Road racing blend today, did not mix any due to a gallon of R50 that needs to be used up first. Lol

I know it is a super small complaint but, it is just something I noticed lol

Motul 800 Off Road has a very pleasant banana/ coconut smell in the bottle. Road Racing...... not so much. Kind has a pungent smell like K2.

It will be interesting to see how slick it leaves everything inside.

Need more saws....

Sent from my non internal combustion device.
The bottle of 800 off road I have smells like chemicals, definitely not anything pleasant. I'm not really a fan of 800 at 32:1 in a saw.

Back