661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motul responded...

Redbull -

Sir, couple more...

1) Is that because the lower viscosity of 710 having less film strength? ("Running the 710 at a ratio of 32:1 will not offer more protection than the 800 at 50:1.")

2) I know it says "above exising standards" but is 800 off road actually Jaso -FD certified? If not, why ?

3) Wouldn't checking your plug - just tell you if your tunning was incorrect?

4) I've heard that the metallics in 800 off road can lead to build up and would cause a great ignition source for pre ignition. Have you heard of this happening? Could you talk about the metallics in 800 off road? No offense intended. It's heresay I understand. I'm just concerned.

5) Do you think that the ported saw would require a heavier mix ratio? If so, why? If not, why?

6) If I run 800 too rich say between 25-32:1 what is going to happen to my saw (generally speaking) I'm thinking the excess oil would impead the piston movement some not allowing for max/optimal RPMs, and there would be some unburnt deposit build up

------------------------------------
Motul Response:

1) The 800 is more protective because it is an Ester based product.

2) Technically the 800 is not JASO certified. It is not JASO certified because it is designed as a racing product thus it is not required to be JASO certified.

3) The mixture of premix is part of your tuning. The color of your plug will tell you if the premix is too rich, lean or perfect for the engine.

4) I am not sure where you heard that from, but that statement is false. 800 offroad is one of the cleanest burning premixes out there. Being an ester based product there is very little metallics in the product. Everyone that has used this product for chainsaws can't say enough about how clean their engines are after use.

5) I do not think that your ported saw will require a heavier mix ratio. Refer to the color of your plug for this information

6) Generally speaking like all two stroke engines a heavier mixture will make run sluggish and spew oil out of the exhaust.

Regards,

Jon Muto
Marketing Coordinator
Motul USA Inc. | 790C Indigo Ct. | Pomona, CA 91767
T 909-625-1292 Ext. 200 | F 909-625-2697 | Cell 909-538-2091
[email protected]|www.motul.com

this motul guy is no where near the caliber as Andrew

and that doesn't mean I think h1r will be the winner in all this.

Andrew has provided by far the best answers out of everyone I've talked to...some really really great info. Of course Andrew is the actual formulator of the product vs this dude is a sales guy.

What makes you really think you're talking to the guy that formulated H1-R? Because he said he did?
Awhile back I talked to several techs at different companies. The motul guys couldnt anwser the questions and had to contact their parent company and get back to me. The guy at Maxima had a convincing anwser for all my questions

What makes you really think you're talking to the guy that formulated H1-R? Because he said he did?

oh hell I forgot my tin foil hat! the EPA black choppa's are coming for ya kenjax.

If you actually read any of his answers. Pretty obvious he's not a sales guy nor some typical tech desk jockey.

Awhile back I talked to several techs at different companies. The motul guys couldnt anwser the questions and had to contact their parent company and get back to me. The guy at Maxima had a convincing anwser for all my questions

yeah the maxima guy was pretty decent dude.
---------------------

and for the record I don't agree with all of what the motul dude says. I'm just posting what he wrote.

That's a lot of wood on the ground for using 10% solvents @ 40:1[emoji1] now it takes 2 groundtards to knock the spar overView attachment 427108

So your really running 44:1 so what. What's your point?

I didn't say anything (solvents) was bad. I just said you can't run all oils at the same ratio and expect the same performance!

The solvents have to be discounted/accounted for when figuring the mix.

WHAT PART OF THAT DON"T YOU COMPREHEND?!?!?!?????????

btw - what kind of tree is that?

So your really running 44:1 so what. What's your point? I didn't say anything (solvents) was bad. I just said you can't run all oils at the same ratio and expect the same performance!

Appears to be Silver Maple

I didn't say anything (solvents) was bad. I just said you can't run all oils at the same ratio and expect the same performance!

Just sayin' nothing blew up and 32:1 isn't magic....and yes its a Silver Maple

I am happy to see that you arent avoiding answering, must have been me.
How is raw fuel washing the cylinder walls of oil, if it has oil with it ?
If the temps are cool enough to wash the piston clean, the cylinder walls can be washed ss well. Liquid pre mix is a terrible lubricant, but a good solvent.

Motul responded...

Redbull -

Sir, couple more...

1) Is that because the lower viscosity of 710 having less film strength? ("Running the 710 at a ratio of 32:1 will not offer more protection than the 800 at 50:1.")

2) I know it says "above exising standards" but is 800 off road actually Jaso -FD certified? If not, why ?

3) Wouldn't checking your plug - just tell you if your tunning was incorrect?

4) I've heard that the metallics in 800 off road can lead to build up and would cause a great ignition source for pre ignition. Have you heard of this happening? Could you talk about the metallics in 800 off road? No offense intended. It's heresay I understand. I'm just concerned.

5) Do you think that the ported saw would require a heavier mix ratio? If so, why? If not, why?

6) If I run 800 too rich say between 25-32:1 what is going to happen to my saw (generally speaking) I'm thinking the excess oil would impead the piston movement some not allowing for max/optimal RPMs, and there would be some unburnt deposit build up

------------------------------------
Motul Response:

1) The 800 is more protective because it is an Ester based product.

2) Technically the 800 is not JASO certified. It is not JASO certified because it is designed as a racing product thus it is not required to be JASO certified.

3) The mixture of premix is part of your tuning. The color of your plug will tell you if the premix is too rich, lean or perfect for the engine.

4) I am not sure where you heard that from, but that statement is false. 800 offroad is one of the cleanest burning premixes out there. Being an ester based product there is very little metallics in the product. Everyone that has used this product for chainsaws can't say enough about how clean their engines are after use.

5) I do not think that your ported saw will require a heavier mix ratio. Refer to the color of your plug for this information

6) Generally speaking like all two stroke engines a heavier mixture will make run sluggish and spew oil out of the exhaust.

Regards,

Jon Muto
Marketing Coordinator
Motul USA Inc. | 790C Indigo Ct. | Pomona, CA 91767
T 909-625-1292 Ext. 200 | F 909-625-2697 | Cell 909-538-2091
[email protected]|www.motul.com
That guy is clueless. No mettalics? In fact it had the highest amount of mettalics I have seen in a two cycle oil and I posted the test results to prove it.

You should be able to run an oil at any ratio the engine requires. FORGET solvents exist.

Back