661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not overly impressed with the heavy crusty appearance of the carbon on the crown. It appears simular to what I have seen with Klotz R50.

I ran R50 in many engines including autotune ones ..................... NEVER did I see anything even remotely close to what you claim. You must have been running stool water for fuel to have the results you say

Call it whatever you wish ................... your stool water caused that, not the R50
And you know this how? R50 consistently caused hard, crusty dark carbon on piston crowns. And I have used and seen it used in a variety of motors. Supertechniplate is about the same, except it really gums up exhaust pipes and powervalves if you don't have high load conditions.
I never use crappy fuel, ever. FWIW I still use Supertechniplate when dune riding.

And you know this how?

From running R50 in my stuff and from rebuilding top ends of dirtbikes that used it.
I have seen R50 actually clean up dirty pistons.
I have even posted a few pictures of the pistons in the past ...........................

If you are having problems tuning your equipment, PM me and I will be happy to help you

From running R50 in my stuff and from rebuilding top ends of dirtbikes that used it.
I have seen R50 actually clean up dirty pistons.
I have even posted a few pictures of the pistons in the past ...........................

If you are having problems tuning your equipment, PM me and I will be happy to help you
You need to turn your H screw about 1/4 turn clockwise by the looks of your muffler pics ;)

Down visiting with Scott Kunz (Tree Monkey). This is the stuff he likes to use. Scott is a pretty smart dude, so adding it to the test list. Says he only uses this stuff and mixes at 32:1. Performs great. Plus he sells it for about $8 a qt.

22keuo.jpg

2d2eqg3.jpg

Down visiting with Scott Kunz (Tree Monkey). This is the stuff he likes to use. Scott is a pretty smart dude, so adding it to the test list. Says he only uses this stuff and mixes at 32:1. Performs great. Plus he sells it for about $8 a qt.

22keuo.jpg

2d2eqg3.jpg
Now we got the right oil.That is what i use.

Dont let anyone tell you oil doesnt make a difference! Just finished working on an echo srm-225 that wouldnt rev but to about 1/4 throttle so I assumed carb first and cleaned. No go! Pulled muffler and bingo! The exhaust port is suppose to be about the size of a dime and it was so plugged with carbon it was maybe the size of a pencil!! Cleaned and bingo! Dont have any idea what sorta oil the customer used though

Where does the label say, "Do not use this in chainsaws"?

Does your owners manual specify JASO or API TC?
It says on the the back label that it's an injector oil and to be used in water cooled engines.
It also says that it shouldn't be used in rotary power valve engines or air cooled engines.

From the 550XP owner's manual (page 18)

Never use two-stroke oil intended for water-cooled

engines, sometimes referred to as outboard oil (rated

TCW).

Never use oil intended for four-stroke engines.

The 372XP owners manual 11/2014 edition has the same wording, it also adds these lines:

Mixing ratio
1:50 (2%) with HUSQVARNA two-stroke oil.
1:33 (3%) with oils class JASO FB or ISO EGB formulated
for air-cooled, two-stroke engines.

Back