661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because they say you can, doesn't mean you can and not by a long shot. HUSKY specifically says not to use boat oils...
Of course you can, besides its a multi purpose oil & you haven't provided any credentials to give you any credibility about anything you spout

Again, a fact lost on you numb skulls...

Muti purpose oils are boat oils that they say can be used in other applications. You can run them, you can run corn oil if you like. However they are not the correct oil for the application and are not the OEM reccomended type of oil .

Anyone notice that Yamalube pours out of the bottle similar to stihl mix's viscosity ,and some of the higher priced stuff pours out slower ? Is Yamalube a borderline injector mix ?I have heard of guys running it in snowmobiles ,and i believe they have oil injection on some of them .Or is that a different Yamalube ?

Anyone notice that Yamalube pours out of the bottle similar to stihl mix's viscosity ,and some of the higher priced stuff pours out slower ? Is Yamalube a borderline injector mix ?I have heard of guys running it in snowmobiles ,and i believe they have oil injection on some of them .Or is that a different Yamalube ?
Yamalube makes an injector oil called 2S. 2R is the premix product.

http://www.pennzoil.com/other-car-p...utboard-and-multi-purpose-2-cycle-engine-oil/

"PENNZOIL® PREMIUM OUTBOARD AND MULTI-PURPOSE 2-CYCLE ENGINE OIL
Pennzoil® Premium Outboard and Multi-Purpose 2-Cycle Engine Oil is a high-performance 2-cycle engine oil meeting or exceeding the warranty requirements of all leading manufacturers of 2-cycle products including chain saws, lawn mowers, motorcycles and string trimmers, as well as outboard engines made by: Johnson/Evinrude, Mercury Marine, Yamaha, Suzuki, Nissan, Force/US Marine, Mariner, Sears and all other manufacturers requiring NMMA TC-W3® oil.

Recommended for pre-mix, injector systems and direct injection systems. Good for water-cooled and air-cooled 2-cycle engines recommending NMMA TC-W3® products. Always follow the dilution ratio and oil performance level recommended in the owner’s manual. For any use where NMMA TC-W3® , TC-W II® or TC-W® oil is recommended."

Lol, owners manuals also tell you to run a 50:1 fuel to oil ratio. Seems legit.

Per the Husqvarna 365XT/372XP manual, only if you're running Husky-branded oil,. XP and Low Smoke were both JASO FD-certified oils. If not using a Husky-branded oil (they're blended and distributed by Spectrum IIRC), use a JASO FB (minimum) rated oil at 32:1. Their manuals explicitly say to not use outboard oil.

"Good for water-cooled and air-cooled 2-cycle engines recommending NMMA TC-W3® products."
"For any use where NMMA TC-W3® , TC-W II® or TC-W® oil is recommended."

I don't know of any chainsaw manufacturers that recommend using TC-W3 or the earlier TC-W standards. Maybe someone here does know.

Per the Husqvarna 365XT/372XP manual, only if you're running Husky-branded oil,. XP and Low Smoke were both JASO FD-certified oils. If not using a Husky-branded oil (they're blended and distributed by Spectrum IIRC), use a JASO FB (minimum) rated oil at 32:1. Their manuals explicitly say to not use outboard oil.

"Good for water-cooled and air-cooled 2-cycle engines recommending NMMA TC-W3® products."

I don't know of any chainsaw manufacturers that recommend using TC-W3 or the earlier TC-W standards. Maybe someone here does know.
Years ago some snowmobile companies reccomend tcw3 marine oils with pretty disastrous results. I have never seen a chainsaw MFG reccomend boat oil which is also known as universal oil..

Just because they say you can, doesn't mean you can and not by a long shot..

You also said "Muti purpose oils are boat oils that they say can be used in other applications. You can run them, you can run corn oil if you like."

I'm glad we got that all cleared up

You also said "Muti purpose oils are boat oils that they say can be used in other applications. You can run them, you can run corn oil if you like."

I'm glad we got that all cleared up
Multi purpose oils are boat oils.. they are the completely wrong oils for a saw application. Stihl actually forbids the use of them in their manuals. But like I said, since your sights are set on culdom have at it.

Right out of my 562xp manual the Jonnysorehead 2260 says the exact same thing
cae8450fbfa79352dcd5215d57af28a9.jpg

I'd stick to that recommendation from the manufacturer, but it makes no reference to multipurpose oils
Fansk

Multi purpose oils are boat oils.. they are the completely wrong oils for a saw application. Stihl actually forbids the use of them in their manuals. But like I said, since your sights are set on culdom have at it.
So does husky
Multi purpose oils are boat oils formulation wise. Stihl specifically says no multi purpose oils!
Multipurpose oils are oils that can be used in boats, this that & the other.
I'd like to see you back up that statement with some facts about Stihl saying that multipurpose oils can't be used, none of my owners manuals say that, in fact I'd say your typically running off at the mouth again, this is stihls recommended advice
Need to mix fuel for your STIHL 2-Stroke engine?
You'll need STIHL 2 Stroke oil, an empty and clean fuel can & fresh unleaded fuel from a reputable petrol station.
Mix at 50:1 (20mls oil per 1 litre fuel) when you're using STIHL 2-Stroke oil.

Using a different brand of 2-Stroke oil?
You'll need to mix at 25:1 (40mls oil per 1 litre fuel)
Petrol has limited shelf life (as low as 30 days), so always mix with fresh regular unleaded, purchased from a reputable large volume fuel supplier.

So does husky

Multipurpose oils are oils that can be used in boats, this that & the other.
I'd like to see you back up that statement with some facts about Stihl saying that multipurpose oils can't be used, none of my owners manuals say that, in fact I'd say your typically running off at the mouth again, this is stihls recommended advice
Need to mix fuel for your STIHL 2-Stroke engine?
You'll need STIHL 2 Stroke oil, an empty and clean fuel can & fresh unleaded fuel from a reputable petrol station.
Mix at 50:1 (20mls oil per 1 litre fuel) when you're using STIHL 2-Stroke oil.

Using a different brand of 2-Stroke oil?
You'll need to mix at 25:1 (40mls oil per 1 litre fuel)
Petrol has limited shelf life (as low as 30 days), so always mix with fresh regular unleaded, purchased from a reputable large volume fuel supplier.
Your speaking from complete ignorance.. multi purpose oils are boat oils from a formulation standpoint.. The Penzoil product you posted the link for is actually MMA or Marine Mfgs Associated certified TCw-3 or two cycle water cooled-3

Your speaking from complete ignorance.. multi purpose oils are boat oils from a formulation standpoint.. The Penzoil product you posted the link for is actually MMA or Marine Mfgs Associated certified TCw-3 or two cycle water cooled-3
Why don't you show us the rest of the stihl owners manual & we will see if it refers to a chainsaw. You insulting wanker

Back