7mm cordett line.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm always looking for new ways to make easier or improve my climbing. I'd like to run my My latest scheme by ya all.
I some times use the tail of my climbing line or even an other climbing line to stabilize my self in a tree. Probably do it more often if it wasn't kind of a pain sometimes to rig up in a hurry.
O.k. I bought 13 ft.(a package)of 7 mm cordett at a rock climbing shop. It's rated at 12 1/2 kN. Its vary compact. It'll almost fit in a pocket. I have a small bag to but it in and can hang it off my belt.
I made a mini split-tail of 7mm line for it that works well in my living room. I'm thinking of getting one of those mini acenders to replace that yet untested split-tail though.
I wouldn't use it for life support(Though rock climbers do)just in those situations when an extra angle of support would help out. Like having a short piece of climbing line with you all the time up in the tree, with out the bulk.
I haven't tested this out yet, so any feed back or potential problem That could be pointed out in advance would be appreciated. Thanks. Beastmaster

For positioning sure why not. There quite a few guys that run bee line as a safety which is rated for life support and maybe even a little smaller. I use a long grillon for the same thing some times you only need a few feet. It works wonders for cabling.

Back