$80 craiglist 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voomdoom

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I finally got a deal! $80 on a sketchy craigslist meet up. A solid 026 with good compression. Where's the best place to source some oem parts online? I need a couple random bolts and tune up parts. Also, the chain brake doesn't click and stay forward. Any help on that problem would be awesome. Thanks boys!!!

Attachments

• 20170415_153723.jpg
    20170415_153723.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
Thanks. The filter cover does push down flush with the cylinder cover. Don't know if there is a problem there, but I don't know what I don't know. Thanks for the tech pages!!

Chain break works! I didn't realize how positive of an engagement that required. Super stoked on the saw. Any tips or advice on this little bastard would be appreciated. I am gonna giver a good cleaning and see what"s what and probably will have more questions than answers. Fun stuff...

That was a good score. I sent the seller a message too but I guess you got there first! It's a red lever saw but has a clear tank, I'm thinking the tank isn't original to the saw. I know these saws pretty well if you need any help. I'm not too far from you.
Josh

That was a good score. I sent the seller a message too but I guess you got there first! It's a red lever saw but has a clear tank, I'm thinking the tank isn't original to the saw. I know these saws pretty well if you need any help. I'm not too far from you.
Josh
Thanks man, craigslist can be tough to find good deals anymore or just being lucky enough to be the first to respond. I hope another deal comes your way. Interesting info on the tank. What would the red lever signify here?
FYI- The seller didn't know the value the saw and I'm under the impression it was sold to fund a drug habit. They tried to get me to pay another $40 bucks to match incoming offers, but I said I would only honor their posted price. Man, chainsaws are cooler than crack rocks. What a world... f-ing "Tacoma"

Red lever would be the red selector switch, found on the earlier saws. The earlier saws didn't have a clear tank.

Ta'compton.. I try to stay away. I actually offered the seller an extra $20 if he'd bring it to me in Gig Harbor because I was feeling too lazy to drive for it.

I tend to walk away from deals like that. The impression you are giving is this a guy who stole the saw and wanted to make a quick buck. All too often we read about hard working folk getting their tools stolen and we all comment how it sucks. I am sure if you have someone run the serial number you will find its the crackheads info yeah? :cool:

Or maybe it is a guy who makes a living with that saw.. either way you got a deal and hopefully karma will be kind to you.

I tend to walk away from deals like that. The impression you are giving is this a guy who stole the saw and wanted to make a quick buck. All too often we read about hard working folk getting their tools stolen and we all comment how it sucks. I am sure if you have someone run the serial number you will find its the crackheads info yeah? :cool:

Or maybe it is a guy who makes a living with that saw.. either way you got a deal and hopefully karma will be kind to you.

Yeah, all of the above were considered on my end and I feel it was an honest exchange. From what I could gather I tend to think the saw has been in their possession for years. I hope I am wrong about the money going to drugs and maybe it's not fair to judge their end of things. Maybe I was a little hyperbolic in my description of the interaction too.
I never know if it's Karma that gets me or Murphy's law. Maybe they work together... ;)

No idea if it came with it but I have a red lever/clear tank 026 with the older style tall vent, and a black lever/clear tank with the newer short vent.
Serial #'s starting with 226 and 233. Also a couple red lever/solid tank, at s#'s 223 and 224
Anyone know the s# ranges where some of these changes happened?

Lol I was the first person to respond to the ad but I changed my mind on it..

Back