90cc blast from the past

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am disappointed...while working on saws only one bar support? I sorta figured that old saw was worth at least 4-6. Great looking saw and I agree with Hoss on the EPA muffler.

I am disappointed...while working on saws only one bar support? I sorta figured that old saw was worth at least 4-6. Great looking saw and I agree with Hoss on the EPA muffler.

That wasn't the first bar support of the afternoon :givebeer:

I don't know what it weighs but I can check it tomorrow but I think that soild nosed bar probably weighs about as much as the saw does. I couldn't believe it when I seen the 3 3/8's inch bolts that hold the bucking spike on it. Heavy duty I guess.

Lee, you would have to ask Thomas about the 100cc saw in this series, I bet its the model 91 he mentioned. This is my first go at this style of a Poulan saw, so I don't know that much about them. The fact that this one has a automatic oiler is what drew me to it. And yes it seems to be the original paint on this one far as I can tell. The only bad spot is the tank has a weld to it, but it seems to be just fine.

Thanks for all the compliments fellas, I'm kinda proud of this one, being uncommon around here.

The 91 is the 100cc direct drive version and the 92 is the gear drive version. Talking about heavy, the 91 looks like a monster next to the 71A. Those style saws work best with a bow on them as the handle configuration seems to be best suited for it. These are pictures of the 71A and the super 72. You can clearly see the gear reduction elongating the super 72.

I think the say weighs around 21 pounds dry with no bar or bow.

Last edited:
The 91 is the 100cc direct drive version and the 92 is the gear drive version. Talking about heavy, the 91 looks like a monster next to the 71A. Those style saws work best with a bow on them as the handle configuration seems to be best suited for it. These are pictures of the 71A and the super 72. You can clearly see the gear reduction elongating the super 72.

Not trying to hyjack Marks thread.
But i would love to see pic's of the
91 if you can post them.

Thanks Lee

It is at a friends house so it will take a couple of days to get pics of the 91, but it looks just like the model 86 but direct drive.

And chain. :)

That's cool to think about.

I don't know a lot about the older saws, but it seems that one was ahead of it's time in features and weight.

My Echo CS-900 EVL weighs 27lbs with bar and chain and full of fluids. It is not too much saw to work with all day if you're used to it. I don't think an 066 ready to cut is too far off that weight either.

Thanks for sharing this saw with us.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back