93 Might Be Too Hot For Firewood Gathering.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bingo! In the fall the grasshoppers all come out since they've been playing all summer instead of getting ready for winter: "Gee, who knew it was going to get cold again this year?".

Exactly! I said that on Saturday to the young guy working at the local compost site; I said "only the diehard wood guys are scrounging now" and he agreed that's the way to do it-he said "when I was a teenager I would help my dad; he worked with wood a little at a time all year round" which is what I do too. You still see some guys interested in getting it this time of year but not too many; 3-4 months ago it was a good idea but now they have had it or are doing something else-see this pattern every year.

Year-round scrounging is the way to go! :clap:

97[sup]o[/sup] here right now, humidity at 65% and climbing to a projected 88%, wind raging at 2 MPH from the south, heat index at 116[sup]o[/sup] and climbing...
I'm sitting at my air conditioned bench at work today (but I was on a tower yesterday).
Just called the wife and daughter... told them the splitter starts real easy when it's warm like this and I expect at least a cord split when I get home two hours from now :rock:
They hung-up on me.

I'll let y'all know if'n I get any supper tonight.

97[sup]o[/sup] here right now, humidity at 65% and climbing to a projected 88%, wind raging at 2 MPH from the south, heat index at 116[sup]o[/sup] and climbing...
I'm sitting at my air conditioned bench at work today (but I was on a tower yesterday).
Just called the wife and daughter... told them the splitter starts real easy when it's warm like this and I expect at least a cord split when I get home two hours from now :rock:
They hung-up on me.

I'll let y'all know if'n I get any supper tonight.

Oh, you will... Right after you cook it...
:msp_sneaky:

Back