A couple projects finally finished this evening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEATSAW

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Finally wrapped up 2 project saws this evening. The first was a Poulan Pro Super 380 for a buddy of mine. It had several issues from the carb to a cracked case and a lot in between. I got a 20" bar and a new chain adjustment screw assembly so I was able to put it all together and throw some chips. I am really impressed with this thing. I opened up the muffler quite a bit and took off the carb limiters so I could properly tune it. What a monster!

B61CA54F.jpg

Next was my personal Homelite Super XL Auto. I bought this is January as a powerhead only that was missing a bunch of stuff and what was there wasn't very good. The big stuff like the p&c, crank, case, etc. were all perfect though, so I figured it would be a good project. Its taken a few months of tinkering here and there, and acquiring parts here and there. But its all together now and just like many of the other saws from that time period its a torquey son of a gun. I'm not worried about looks so I don't mind the crappy paint. Its wearing a 20" bar with square chisel chain and an 8-pin sprocket. I can't get it to bog down no matter how much wood I bury it in. I have it tuned maybe a bit rich since it will only clean up (stop 4-stroking) in the cut when the wood is bigger than 8" diameter. Its surprisingly lightweight and handles well. This will be a great saw for bucking firewood!

7AC57A58.jpg

Latest posts

Back