a few visual clues to telling an 066 from an 064 crankcase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had problems with the nipples breaking off the 064 oil pumps. If you use an Exacto knife made for modeling, the blade will break before the nipple does.

Homelite had a grey oiler line years ago that was the perfect replacement for Stihl oil pump line. It never hardened and was way easier to work with.
I never had any problems with them either.

I have a role of clear stihl line that's soft and works perfect for the oil line.
I'll see if I can find a part number.

064's are basically the same but 066/660 changed many times although most parts interchange. Most

Since this thread has been resurrected another + for the old soldering iron with the thin flat tip in it, have cut two more hardened lines off to get the pumps out, no issues and do use heat to get the line off the nipple after pump removal, that hardened line becomes very soft with a little heat applied.

I never had any problems with them either.

I have a role of clear stihl line that's soft and works perfect for the oil line.
I'll see if I can find a part number.

064's are basically the same but 066/660 changed many times although most parts interchange. Most
Nice. Does the line seem to hold up to the heat? I've used regular stihl fuel line and it works, but recently I've been installing an 1/8" spring to keep it from collapsing.

Latest posts

Back