A Fuel Comment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
No time for pics or one of my long winded posts, but....

A arsonist wouldn't even want the crap I'm dumping out of some of these saws today. :dizzy:

But its for your own good!!!...planet has a fever.....dependance on foreign oil...yadda...yadda!!!!

I'll probably get bashed for saying this but owner neglect has a lot to do with the bad gas problems. I didn't say all but some. I remember the old fuel caps on the International tractors that said "Buy clean fuel keep it clean". It was stamped in the top of the fuel caps. If your not going to use it for a couple months, dump it out. It's easy.

Can practically drink what comes out of some of these tanks.

that carb looks like it didn't even have a fuel filter on it . That's some big chips stuck in there.:dizzy:

Water table being lowered

When I was in Iowa a watched a doc. on ethanol that expressed all the concerns on here, but really showed how the huge water demands for growing vast areas of corn use enormous amounts of water. The Colorado River is a trickle at its end and the water table has been lowered to levels of concern. The amazing thing is that it is being touted as Green tech.

This is why I treat all the gas I buy with Marine Stabil. I don't know how long it can preserve gas for, but it's kept gas in my cans fresh for 6-7 months, and no ethanol separation.

I got an old car I have been working on. Put gas in it, adjusted the carb. A month went by drove it around a little, carb. was way out of adjustment. Re adjusted, drove again, same thing. did that about 4 times. Finally drained the gas out put in fresh 91 octane, no ethanol gas. Re adjusted carb. back to where it was originally. Now it runs good again.

I hate the ethanol fuel.

No ethanol in our fuel up here in Alaska, yet 2/3's of the saws and brushcutters I fix are simply fuel issues. First thing that happens when a saw hit's my bench is the fuel goes into a clear container so I can look at it and preserve the evidence if fuel was the issue.

No ethanol in our fuel up here in Alaska, yet 2/3's of the saws and brushcutters I fix are simply fuel issues. First thing that happens when a saw hit's my bench is the fuel goes into a clear container so I can look at it and preserve the evidence if fuel was the issue.

Ethanol blended fuel is sold in Spring, summer, fall in Alaska its government mandated.
In Winter the Ethanol mandate is not in effect.
Google is boss.

I'll probably get bashed for saying this but owner neglect has a lot to do with the bad gas problems. I didn't say all but some. I remember the old fuel caps on the International tractors that said "Buy clean fuel keep it clean". It was stamped in the top of the fuel caps. If your not going to use it for a couple months, dump it out. It's easy.

You're absolutely right. There were bad gas issues before ethanol. But the word "ethanol" has now taken on the additional meaning of "it's not my fault". Don't get me wrong, ethanol does make things worse. Gas goes bad faster, and it certainly contributes to the amount of water we are seeing in the equipment. But most of this is still preventable. Ethanol doesn't absorb moisture through the side of a fuel tank. It absorbs it while sitting in a gas can with the cap missing.

Back