A License to Shampoo: Jobs Needing State Approval Rise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I was referring to the 10th amendment.

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

You see, the constitution does not mention licensing of professions, so the states get to do it.
(Most of the subsequent amendments were enacted to further limit the states rights, subject to the 10th amendment.)

Last edited:
No, I was referring to the 10th amendment.

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

You see, the constitution does not mention licensing of professions, so the states get to do it.
(Most of the subsequent amendments were enacted to further limit the states rights, subject to the 10th amendment.)

The tenth has had so many end-runs made on it that people go for others that will hold water better. Lawyers can poke holes in catch-all clauses with a little research, look at EPA regulations.

With interstate commerce you need to have to have the transaction going both ways. It is that clause that makes truckers get apportioned tags vs the Fed DoT making a universal license.

Damn you must have a guilty consense or something I am not complaining but FLAT OUT you call people HACKS but yet you run with them right ... Your words" I bid with all the voltures " what wrongs are you fixing when someone has a dead tree in there yard and your only there to PRICE MATCH it .. YOUR driving down the market flat out , than that woman has a friend that calls you and another company you bid dirt cheap and the "other" guy actually has respect for himself and bids to make something not just hand to mouth , and he looks like a bandit for what he bids ... I find it really hard to believe that your doing anything out there thats not ultimately for your gain somehow , stop saying your using GIMMICKS to educate people cause your nose is growing ...

TC..............its "conscience" & "vulture"!!

All I can say is: I have touched a saw since December, I dont cry foul because someone sells a job better than me! I dont run with Hacks!! I bid against them them like everyone else!! (big difference)!

I dont consider someone "overpricing" a job that I can do cheaper to have respect anymore than I do.

Your darn right everything I do is for my "gain" & for my men too keep them working!! Ive walked away from many jobs that people only look at the price on, cause I cant match it or beat it!!

And.........you are complaining!! read your post, dam all you do is whine about hacks, lowballers,cheap bids, so & so`s not licensed, etc.. GOD........ your like the kid in elementary school that never got picked to play kickball.......so go tell the teacher & now he/she makes rules & regulations so lil tc101 can play!!

only in this case its the State/Govt. you have to cry to, Man up & be a smarter, better business than your competition & you wont have to FLAT OUT complain....cuz you`ll be too busy working, but then again you just touched your saw the other day for the 1st time in 2 months!

LXT.............

1- if nobody is kicking your but...then why complain about what they`re doing? I mean you`re laughing all the way to the bank!!

2-I dont have the lowest prices in my area by any means & I actually pay my guys much better than the competition!

3- "a better class of customer" this is what keeps ya going, Look... I bid with the rest of the vultures like everyone else primarily to inform the customer & educate them...............good way to try n fix the wrong doings in our trade.

working smarter n Not harder is my motto also, man.....to not touch a saw in over 2 months.....I enjoy my trade to much to allow that to happen!!!

LXT..................

top line says it all!! or should I say asks a question that has yet to be answered!

LXT............

TC..............its "conscience" & "vulture"!!

All I can say is: I have touched a saw since December, I dont cry foul because someone sells a job better than me! I dont run with Hacks!! I bid against them them like everyone else!! (big difference)!

I dont consider someone "overpricing" a job that I can do cheaper to have respect anymore than I do.

Your darn right everything I do is for my "gain" & for my men too keep them working!! Ive walked away from many jobs that people only look at the price on, cause I cant match it or beat it!!

And.........you are complaining!! read your post, dam all you do is whine about hacks, lowballers,cheap bids, so & so`s not licensed, etc.. GOD........ your like the kid in elementary school that never got picked to play kickball.......so go tell the teacher & now he/she makes rules & regulations so lil tc101 can play!!

only in this case its the State/Govt. you have to cry to, Man up & be a smarter, better business than your competition & you wont have to FLAT OUT complain....cuz you`ll be too busy working, but then again you just touched your saw the other day for the 1st time in 2 months!

LXT.............
I am not complaining dope ... I was telling you to stop calling and referring to other people as hacks while you willingly partake in hackish behavior , your basically just making up BS now to side step what I had originally asked ya , so like I said you answered my question exactly the way I thought, with some gay azz line... I don't need to touch a tree after xmas and not before V day because I am smart enough to know and prepare for the certainty of no work ... I have worked, I did more than 100 hrs in the snow and probably more than 200 hrs on maintenance ... If theres a storm like we had Sat. then we work .. I hate when you engage me in any dialog , its like sticking my #### in a bee hive , nothing productive ever comes out of it ...

I am not complaining dope ... I was telling you to stop calling and referring to other people as hacks while you willingly partake in hackish behavior , your basically just making up BS now to side step what I had originally asked ya , so like I said you answered my question exactly the way I thought, with some gay azz line... I don't need to touch a tree after xmas and not before V day because I am smart enough to know and prepare for the certainty of no work ... I have worked, I did more than 100 hrs in the snow and probably more than 200 hrs on maintenance ... If theres a storm like we had Sat. then we work .. I hate when you engage me in any dialog , its like sticking my #### in a bee hive , nothing productive ever comes out of it ...

well certainly if you can fit your manhood into the beehive I imagine the pain would be similar as to what we all feel listening to your prattle!!

Now you have worked!!! LOL, you`re funny.....I never sidestepped any question of yours boy...........so what is it....you havent touched a saw since Dec, but you have what?? plowed snow & done maintenance? LOL,

arent you the one who wanted a state level license so everyone is on the same playing field?? Yep, just like I said.........lil elemenatry school kid who didnt get picked to play kickball.............somebody please make rules/regulations so the guy down the road dont beat my inflated price!!!!!:cry::cry::cry: its just not fair!!

LXT................

well certainly if you can fit your manhood into the beehive I imagine the pain would be similar as to what we all feel listening to your prattle!!

Now you have worked!!! LOL, you`re funny.....I never sidestepped any question of yours boy...........so what is it....you havent touched a saw since Dec, but you have what?? plowed snow & done maintenance? LOL,

arent you the one who wanted a state level license so everyone is on the same playing field?? Yep, just like I said.........lil elemenatry school kid who didnt get picked to play kickball.............somebody please make rules/regulations so the guy down the road dont beat my inflated price!!!!!:cry::cry::cry: its just not fair!!

LXT................

I don't know what to say anymore , you win I give up you've beat me mentally down to your level and it has now given me a headache .. JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS LXT IS THE MAN

TC...... your like the kid in elementary school that never got picked to play kickball.......so go tell the teacher & now he/she makes rules & regulations so lil tc101 can play!!

LXT.............

whats funny is how you claim to be so smart that you dont need to work before valentines day.................but so foolish as to complain about others underbidding you & not playing fair................

willingly partake in hackish behavior....................you must have had it in the beehive when you typed that....:laugh: cause pillsbury...in my neck of the woods im the cleanest player in the tree game!! lil pansy like you wouldnt make it here!! heck the other treeguys would run you outta town like a rented mule!

trading jabs with you is fun to a point, but then your childish, crybaby banter just gets ridiculous to a point that I wonder if your werent breast fed as a baby??

LXT.......................

whats funny is how you claim to be so smart that you dont need to work before valentines day.................but so foolish as to complain about others underbidding you & not playing fair................

willingly partake in hackish behavior....................you must have had it in the beehive when you typed that....:laugh: cause pillsbury...in my neck of the woods im the cleanest player in the tree game!! lil pansy like you wouldnt make it here!! heck the other treeguys would run you outta town like a rented mule!

trading jabs with you is fun to a point, but then your childish, crybaby banter just gets ridiculous to a point that I wonder if your werent breast fed as a baby??

LXT.......................
Wow the word "HACK" really strikes a nerve with you, sorry I don't want ya to go beat the old lady now for something I said , and how would you know anything about me ... You stalking , your starting to sound like that other ### that was obsessed with me ... Your not going to show up here sniffing through my boxers are ya .. And I never cry your just upset that I will actually go around with you . I am sure that your youst to the other guys that cower in your presence ...Your just another swinging #### with a saw to me ..

Last edited:
I don't know what to say anymore , you win I give up you've beat me mentally down to your level and it has now given me a headache .. JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS LXT IS THE MAN

Ya know I could agree with this & spike the ball....but thats not what Im trying to do here TC, Im just telling it like it is, but....like it is in my area!!

where you`re at is no doubt different, but here the tactics as you call them & hackish behavior........is all over the place!! you must live in the golden state or something...........cause in western pa, oh, wva, indiana,michigan...etc everbody ive talked to uses a match or beat policy...to a point!! hell even Davey & Bartlett do that..........so why go off & downgrade many/someones biz for trying to stay working??

I dont get you, personally.............I dont think you`re as smart as you want us to believe & I dont think your biz is doing so good that you`re laughing all the way to the bank?............I think you`re struggling & upset that the tree market has been infiltrated by those willing to work for less, they`ve cut into your biz profits & you dont like it........................so lets license & regulate the field to serve your needs??

I dont know TC...............I mean apparently your smart, biz is growing & you dont need to work for 2 months...so you say!! its just the rest of what you say doesnt coincide with what your wanting us to believe????

LXT................

Wow the word "HACK" really strikes a nerve with you, sorry I don't want ya to go beat the old lady now for something I said , and how would you know anything about me ... You stalking , your starting to sound like that other ### that was obsessed with me ... Your not going to show up here sniffing through my boxers are ya .. And I never cry your just upset that I will actually go around with you . I am sure that your youst to the other guys that cower in your presence ...Your just another swinging #### with a saw to me ..

LOL.....hack, dont bother me!! & no I wouldnt beat your wife for something you said.....ooops!! well now talk about putting it in the beehive :deadhorse: Bwahahahahah.

sniffing your boxers?? lol....no I just wear your clean ones when I finish up & I sit on the edge of your bed thinking.......wow TC`s prolly getting underbid right now!

But anyway.............on a serious note, Dude....why so hot about something that you cant do anything about? guys have been buzzing for years, side jobs are the best thing about certain trades.......to some its just extra money & yes others are as you say..........."hacks" but you`re doing well...so you say, just keep informing your customers & being a pro!!

LXT................

Ya know I could agree with this & spike the ball....but thats not what Im trying to do here TC, Im just telling it like it is, but....like it is in my area!!

where you`re at is no doubt different, but here the tactics as you call them & hackish behavior........is all over the place!! you must live in the golden state or something...........cause in western pa, oh, wva, indiana,michigan...etc everbody ive talked to uses a match or beat policy...to a point!! hell even Davey & Bartlett do that..........so why go off & downgrade many/someones biz for trying to stay working??

I dont get you, personally.............I dont think you`re as smart as you want us to believe & I dont think your biz is doing so good that you`re laughing all the way to the bank?............I think you`re struggling & upset that the tree market has been infiltrated by those willing to work for less, they`ve cut into your biz profits & you dont like it........................so lets license & regulate the field to serve your needs??

I dont know TC...............I mean apparently your smart, biz is growing & you dont need to work for 2 months...so you say!! its just the rest of what you say doesnt coincide with what your wanting us to believe????

What doesn't coincide , I have insulated myself and diversified to the point that I can survive anything that this economy has thrown my way ... I have grown in my customer base while maintaining previous customers , I have the same crew working for me that were here 10 years ago .. Tree work for us is routine and profitable , I don't need to cheapen myself or the service we provide , and believe me there is no one kicking my anything .. Maybe thats hard for some to understand that I am able to exist even in a "tough" economy , your welcome to come visit and see for yourself , I will treat ya with the respect that I feel you would show me as your guest .. I only pull the tid bits that you put out there , and never once have I ever made a damn thing up about you , there your words .. But you on the other hand PRESUME to know me and how I run my business and what were all about .. So what can you say , I am a hack , all I said is that IN MY OPINION THATS A GIMMICK and you got all AZZ PUCKERED so the truth hurts .. Tonight I will fire up the skidders and go make 300.00 an hour watching there headlights troll around the night while I sip coffee and occasionally pump some diesel .....Don't hate me because you can't figure me out it took me almost 20 years to make happen you will figure it out eventually

What doesn't coincide , I have insulated myself and diversified to the point that I can survive anything that this economy has thrown my way ... I have grown in my customer base while maintaining previous customers , I have the same crew working for me that were here 10 years ago .. Tree work for us is routine and profitable , I don't need to cheapen myself or the service we provide , and believe me there is no one kicking my anything .. Maybe thats hard for some to understand that I am able to exist even in a "tough" economy , your welcome to come visit and see for yourself , I will treat ya with the respect that I feel you would show me as your guest .. I only pull the tid bits that you put out there , and never once have I ever made a damn thing up about you , there your words .. But you on the other hand PRESUME to know me and how I run my business and what were all about .. So what can you say , I am a hack , all I said is that IN MY OPINION THATS A GIMMICK and you got all AZZ PUCKERED so the truth hurts .. Tonight I will fire up the skidders and go make 300.00 an hour watching there headlights troll around the night while I sip coffee and occasionally pump some diesel .....Don't hate me because you can't figure me out it took me almost 20 years to make happen you will figure it out eventually

so you do plow snow?..........see while you`re pumping diesel through the night, My crew & I will be sleeping, we will wake at 5:30am & be doing the tree thing while all the other competitors are plowing & salting like you.

I dont plow snow cause the tree side of my biz is good enough to keep us busy & I am thankful......most lawn services, landscapers, roofers, framers & handyman services engage in plowing.... just not needed in my biz.

what doesnt coincide you asked? well...... every post you put up is a pat on your own back, laughing to the bank, sipping your coffee, making $300 an hr, so diversified you can handle anything! & la da da da da...

the things you brag about only have the rest of us scratching our heads.....I/we dont care to figure you out!!!!.......I have never heard of someone who has it so good (self stated) as you do, then would complain about all the lowball, gimmick hacks out there & how we need regulation! from a far what you say doesnt sound like you`re doing as good as you say?????

as far as hacks, gimmicks & other sales tactics...............you are the only one bringing such up, you are the one that calls people hacks & says they engage in hackish behavior...LOL BTW.... to me a hack is some unexperienced person who sells a homeowner a topping job that when done looks like a hat rack with rips & stubs left all over the place, one who engages in the work not knowing the BMP`s or A-300 standards...........usually some layed off person who just jumps in to make a buck & really doesnt care about the trade or the trees for that matter!!

what you have is no different that what many of us do.......same work force over time, good customers, etc... but I dont consider plowing & salting in addition to tree care to be diversified....but then again im sure you will respond in a true self righteous fashion telling us all just how dam good you are while giving out a webster version of what a hack truly is & how sales encentives are hack related!!! cant wait!!

LXT................

Damn you must have a guilty consense or something I am not complaining but FLAT OUT you call people HACKS but yet you run with them right ... Your words"

Mind showing me within this thread where I call people hacks???? maybe you should re-read post 12 & 18!!

see when you re-word a post or what someone says to try to make yourself shine when all along you are just mis directing people from the FLAT OUT FACT that you are complaining!!..................re-read what you have posted here, I have!!!! & what you are claiming is no where to be found.............yeah, I think you are the one whose nose is growing!!

LXT................

I don't think I could look myself in the mirror if I were to offer up a free four slice toaster with purchase of my services.. just sayin..

I look at probably the most successful tree business around here (owner is a friend/aquaintance/ ex employer of mine), dude has managed to market himself almost exclusively to the rich and super-rich. I'm quite certain this guy never gave away any toasters to these people along the way.. They can buy their own ####ing toaster if they want one. lol.

I don't think I could look myself in the mirror if I were to offer up a free four slice toaster with purchase of my services.. just sayin..

I look at probably the most successful tree business around here (owner is a friend/aquaintance/ ex employer of mine), dude has managed to market himself almost exclusively to the rich and super-rich. I'm quite certain this guy never gave away any toasters to these people along the way.. They can buy their own ####ing toaster if they want one. lol.

LOL.... thats not how it was! they were actually given a list of gift items on a professional glossy print out..........they upon acceptance of the bid would check the appropriate box beside the gift in which they would like to receive!!

your buddy doesnt live here!!! cuz most of the folks that accepted that as you put it "####ing toaster" were rich!! one of those customers was a high rolling real estate broker & loved the idea...........!!

I looked myself in the mirror proud as hell pal, cause that lil "gimmick" threw my biz into a very nice 6 figure income!!!! as a matter of fact, most of my repeat customers are the ones who received such gifts & from time to time I will get asked when Im gonna run another special like that?

this was a one time deal though & it helped out a friend & helped me!! Sooo... if a 4 slice toaster will land me customers that as of current will use my service & pay me well........!!!! I personally deliver that sob with a bow on it, a smile & believe me.................Im truly laughing all the way to the bank!!! wonder if they make an 8slicer?? bwahahahahah...

LXT..................

so you do plow snow?..........see while you`re pumping diesel through the night, My crew & I will be sleeping, we will wake at 5:30am & be doing the tree thing while all the other competitors are plowing & salting like you.

I dont plow snow cause the tree side of my biz is good enough to keep us busy & I am thankful......most lawn services, landscapers, roofers, framers & handyman services engage in plowing.... just not needed in my biz.

what doesnt coincide you asked? well...... every post you put up is a pat on your own back, laughing to the bank, sipping your coffee, making $300 an hr, so diversified you can handle anything! & la da da da da...

the things you brag about only have the rest of us scratching our heads.....I/we dont care to figure you out!!!!.......I have never heard of someone who has it so good (self stated) as you do, then would complain about all the lowball, gimmick hacks out there & how we need regulation! from a far what you say doesnt sound like you`re doing as good as you say?????

as far as hacks, gimmicks & other sales tactics...............you are the only one bringing such up, you are the one that calls people hacks & says they engage in hackish behavior...LOL BTW.... to me a hack is some unexperienced person who sells a homeowner a topping job that when done looks like a hat rack with rips & stubs left all over the place, one who engages in the work not knowing the BMP`s or A-300 standards...........usually some layed off person who just jumps in to make a buck & really doesnt care about the trade or the trees for that matter!!

what you have is no different that what many of us do.......same work force over time, good customers, etc... but I dont consider plowing & salting in addition to tree care to be diversified....but then again im sure you will respond in a true self righteous fashion telling us all just how dam good you are while giving out a webster version of what a hack truly is & how sales encentives are hack related!!! cant wait!!

LXT................
Whats funny is that with all the work you have why are you posting in the "meat" of the workday ? I mean you have posts from 7am to 11am , someone like you should be busy ... Giving away expresso makers and #### like that , trying to find the next lucky winner of the "LXT" 3 day getaway to the IN AT THE DOVE ... I worked Sunday from the wind worked Monday all day than took a 3 hour nap , and worked til 11am yesterday , I could have woken up this morning and worked but I will wait til tomorrow to go back ... Sounds Suspect that the busiest guy In BUTZBURG has time to post here ..

LOL.... thats not how it was! they were actually given a list of gift items on a professional glossy print out..........they upon acceptance of the bid would check the appropriate box beside the gift in which they would like to receive!!

your buddy doesnt live here!!! cuz most of the folks that accepted that as you put it "####ing toaster" were rich!! one of those customers was a high rolling real estate broker & loved the idea...........!!

I looked myself in the mirror proud as hell pal, cause that lil "gimmick" threw my biz into a very nice 6 figure income!!!! as a matter of fact, most of my repeat customers are the ones who received such gifts & from time to time I will get asked when Im gonna run another special like that?

this was a one time deal though & it helped out a friend & helped me!! Sooo... if a 4 slice toaster will land me customers that as of current will use my service & pay me well........!!!! I personally deliver that sob with a bow on it, a smile & believe me.................Im truly laughing all the way to the bank!!! wonder if they make an 8slicer?? bwahahahahah...

LXT..................
That may be the most pathetic post I have ever read , a toaster for a tree ... And your not doing "GIMMICKS" most of my customers spend there toaster money feeding us lunch and TIPPING the men well , I doubt those cheap ####'s that took advantage of the toaster fiasco would give a drink of hose water .... Hopefully for you they do make a 8 slicer than you can BUY A CLUE ..

Latest posts

Back