a lil fyi for homelite bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnerman27

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok I know someone has surly said this bf but here is my 2cents.after looking for a bar for older homeis over 36" and no luck I went to my chainsaw repairmans shop and he let me go through all his bar and I just started putting my 24" oregon bar up to everone he had and found one that matched perfect no mods needed husky large mount bar match up to older homies perfect.so I ordered a 42" for my 650 and runs great.sure this somthing everyone allready knows but o well is was so happy it worked I had to tell.

I have a XL104

its old with a hand oiler, a member here has a 20" bar for sale Im planning on buying , it had 160---A095 on the 16"
bar I got it with. a guy told me it has a small husky mount. that sound right?

It very well could be the info I have on that saw is its a 8.2 mm slot and its a oregon ko95 ,carlton 01 ,windsor cjl ,gb uhl if u can't find ur answer here I would do what I did find a small mount husky and and put ur bar up to it c how it matches up that saw should run a 24" bar no problem my xl12 runs the piss out of a 24".good luck and keep me posted on ur search would love to c a pic of ur 104 .

ill try to get a pic soon

I havnt took a picture of it yet, ill try to get one soon :msp_biggrin: I love how loud it is! for the most part it will be a
back up saw, but i plan to clean it with a tooth brush and repaint it sometime :msp_biggrin:, it set for 30 years, i put a fuel line on it and messed with the carb adjustments and it ran like a top! the guy I got it from had it in a climate controled garage.

That awsome man those older saws where made to last for sure that's about the same story with most my old saws but ifound them in old barns and you couldn't even tell what they where cleaned them up gas lines and pow they ran like they where never put away.does urs have the stack muffler on it those things r the sht but will rattle ur brain if not u need to get on for it

stack muffler??

I got it it had a a peice of perf metal with two screws, but dad had an old xl with another half that snaps
in my other muffler, but havent figured out how to keep it on, it was wired on the XL

I would have to c it u need to find the straight stack muffler its just a straight pipe look them up I just bought a brand new one for on of my xls

[Cobey u said ur dad had a xl take the muffler off of it and the one off urs and c if the holes match up if so go on ebay and type xl 12 stack muffler

Latest posts

Back