A load of logs. Prices up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't sell firewood but I deliver it sometimes and $125green money/cord, 12cord load is typical if closeby. Papermill pays more than that delivered for oak, and more yet for other hardwoods.

If the wood is 6" and up, reasonably straight it goes to one of many sawmills in the area and brings at least half again that money. Sellers market here for now.

The sled was a Yamaha Exciter something or other vintage one almost like brand new that a friend of my son had. My son tried to buy it off the guy but he wanted to keep it. One day his dad parked the tractor beside it and forgot he had the duals on one side, drove right up over the sled. The guy then gave it to my son. Going to fix it up someday. Somehow all this crap ends up at my place. I have no idea how much in my piles, I should measure them sometime though.
I'm posting an satellite view of my place. Not sure if it will work or not but you can see my fenceline of "treasures" from space.
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Zion Rd, Lucknow, ON N0G 2H0/@43.9759325,-81.6250477,241m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8828fcdd0d16111b:0x978554834f760e9c

For you guys that deliver log firewood, what's a reasonable $/cord to pick-up and deliver 6 cord log firewood? Total round trip is <60 miles.

This is the view from on the loader at the rapids papermill. They are paying quite good for wood.

There are seven rows like the one the truck is parked in, and I am halfway up the row, meaning there is as much wood behind me as in front of me. Many of the loggers around here will not mess with firewood if the mills are paying good. This truck runs around the clock to the papermill, he has another truck for hauling to the sawmills. Firewood is last on the list, so they must be good incentive to bother with it.

101_0206.JPG

101_0200.JPG

Do you have photos of your truck? I'm curious on the setup. We can only load to 80k here which amounts to about 8-10 cords of logs, depending on how wet.

This is the view from on the loader at the rapids papermill. They are paying quite good for wood.

There are seven rows like the one the truck is parked in, and I am halfway up the row, meaning there is as much wood behind me as in front of me. Many of the loggers around here will not mess with firewood if the mills are paying good. This truck runs around the clock to the papermill, he has another truck for hauling to the sawmills. Firewood is last on the list, so they must be good incentive to bother with it.

View attachment 396857

View attachment 396858
You live around rapids? I live a ways north of Eau Claire. My brother hauls wood also. He hauls to rapids also, but I think lately he had been running up to Cloquet.

You live around rapids? I live a ways north of Eau Claire. My brother hauls wood also. He hauls to rapids also, but I think lately he had been running up to Cloquet.

How far north are you? I am in EC, truck know the route to rapids quite well. I hauled logs to prentice regular a while ago. Not driving much now, prefer being in the woods.

-dave

How far north are you? I am in EC, truck know the route to rapids quite well. I hauled logs to prentice regular a while ago. Not driving much now, prefer being in the woods.

-dave
I live in Sheldon. Small town about 16 miles south of Ladysmith.

Anyone know of someone who will deliver a log load to SE Wisconsin? It's for my own use, I just want to get further ahead of the game. A 12 cord load would put me 2.5- years out just by itself.

Dave

Anyone know of someone who will deliver a log load to SE Wisconsin? It's for my own use, I just want to get further ahead of the game. A 12 cord load would put me 2.5- years out just by itself.

Dave
It's hard to find anyone willing to sell right now. The mills are paying a premium because they need the wood. I'll do some checking. Where do you live?

101_0206-jpg.396857
I do believe, that's a pile of wood, ahh. Wow!

Back