A load of logs. Prices up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milwaukee area. I'd actually have it dumped in Caledonia, just south of here.

Dave
I honestly don't even know anyone that would haul that far. I am a lot farther north than you. The mills are paying a premium right now so it's going to be tough finding anyone willing to sell unless you want to pay a lot for it.

I kind of figured as much. There's a firewood yard in town here and he gets semi loads dropped off but he won't tell me who he's getting it from. Oh well, back to scrounging:)

I kind of figured as much. There's a firewood yard in town here and he gets semi loads dropped off but he won't tell me who he's getting it from. Oh well, back to scrounging:)

Has there been a sudden surge in demand for paper products? Are there fewer loggers? I don't get where the ridiculous demand is coming from.

Has there been a sudden surge in demand for paper products? Are there fewer loggers? I don't get where the ridiculous demand is coming from.
At least around me, a lot of loggers threw in the towel after everything collapsed a few years ago. Now demand and price are inching up. The guy who is going to select cut our tree farm is backed up well over a year.

Our main OSB plant closed several years back as well so everything here goes minimum of 70 miles. I guess that helps the local trucking industry.

Mostly had do to with the real wet spring and summer we had last year. Couldn't get into the woods to log or get the wood out. The wood you see in those pictures might look like a lot to you and me, but doesn't last long at a mill.

Latest posts

Back