A manly kind of stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your pricing is all wrong, its not euros, its pounds sterling £ and vat is currently 20%, and as for a metre being just over a yard, 39.37 inches is it actual length ( the official and only recognised definition of an inch is 25.4 mm)

Or about the length of a lady sheep...

Though I can appreciate the look, why not just add some kind of racing type headers from your local automotive supply and drill a couple holes in the wood stove to mount the headers. Use a tap n die, mount some studs and bolt it on. Even have a custom bent exhaust pipe to whatever configuration you'd want.

I think the heat would transfer from the stove to the headers and pipes making things heat a lot more efficiently. Or not. You could even find an old intake manifold with an empty carburetor mounted on top to make it resemble an engine. Not that it would make the wood stove work any better, but it would make a heck of a conversation piece instead of spending mondo bucks on something prefab, that likely wouldn't work much better than the typical wood stove especially if it were EPA rated.

Anyway, it's a thought!

Ha, thats slick looking. Not sure how much better or worse over a barrel stove, but an A for effort!

It takes a 3 foot log, swell, take the header rack at the top, and keep one log ahead laying up there toasting before it goes in. Get it air kiln dried that way.

your pricing is all wrong, its not euros, its pounds sterling £ and vat is currently 20%, and as for a metre being just over a yard, 39.37 inches is it actual length ( the official and only recognised definition of an inch is 25.4 mm)

39.37 inches is just over a yard, yes. So if its pounds sterling, how much does the stove cost?

If you were looking to import one to the US about $2000 plus shipping etc.

It is big in UK terms, not so big in US terms. In most parts of the UK getting below freezing is an unusual event for more than a night.

How about a Harbor Freight pipe bender and welder and make your own?

I'd want flappers on the pipes ( like big rigs and tractors have ):hmm3grin2orange:

Lmao, I was thinking the same thing. Rain caps are what they're called.

I can picture some redneck with a big blaze on and all the caps straight in the air. :)

Ever try to sleep next to one of them bastages with the rain caps next to ya in the truck stop? Ting, ting, ting all $$$$ing night. One of the many reasons I gave up OTR driving years ago.

Ever try to sleep next to one of them bastages with the rain caps next to ya in the truck stop? Ting, ting, ting all $$$$ing night. One of the many reasons I gave up OTR driving years ago.

Yeah, its ok if they got them idled up a bit. They don't work anyway. Least little breeze picks them up and when you start the rig after a rain it still blows black goop everywhere.

I'd want flappers on the pipes ( like big rigs and tractors have ):hmm3grin2orange:

I like rain caps for tractors but chrome stacks on that stove would be neat. I wanted one of those bad but the shipping to the U.S. stopped that dream. If I could have gotten one for $2500 I'd own one.

Yeah, its ok if they got them idled up a bit. They don't work anyway. Least little breeze picks them up and when you start the rig after a rain it still blows black goop everywhere.

Insert FlyingJ comment here......... :msp_scared:

Latest posts

Back