A R E A 51 Husq 365..."Here We Go!"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I wanted to hear Matt.

Thanks for the tip Nathan.

I'll be ordering those abrasives. In the meantime, I'll go over the saw and see what's up with the idle problem.

Comparison of the stocker and modified jugs.

DSCF1708.jpg

DSCF1705.jpg

Cool deal. Two packages from Oregon and New York arrive on the same day:clap:

I'll be able to finish off the porting for the intake (widen a little bit more near the cylinder port opening, not the port itself), transfer duct, and finger ports.

DSCF1715.jpg

Checked out the fuel line and tank vent and they appear OK. Like Al said, the gas probably came out from the fuel vent when I laid it on that side.

DSCF1712.jpg

My next move while working on the cylinder is to buy a set up to test for a leak and make the necessary block off plate(s). Aluminum tape might work for the intake. And then go from there. Leak detected, replace gaskets. No leak detected, then replace gas lines.

After recently hearing about how Super Bad 365's gas saws can be in the modded department in a PM, I just might keep it after all.

Cool deal. Two packages from Oregon and New York arrive on the same day:clap:

I'll be able to finish off the porting for the intake (widen a little bit more near the cylinder port opening, not the port itself), transfer duct, and finger ports.

DSCF1715.jpg

Checked out the fuel line and tank vent and they appear OK. Like Al said, the gas probably came out from the fuel vent when I laid it on that side.

DSCF1712.jpg

My next move while working on the cylinder is to buy a set up to test for a leak and make the necessary block off plate(s). Aluminum tape might work for the intake. And then go from there. Leak detected, replace gaskets. No leak detected, then replace gas lines.

After recently hearing about how Super Bad 365's gas saws can be in the modded department in a PM, I just might keep it after all.

Cheech, old bicycle (motor bike, car, truck) inner-tubes work well to block off the intake and exhaust for a pressure test.

Rick I thought you might have lost some of your vent but from the pic you haven't. Be careful with compressed air at the vent. You can blow that little white foam bit out. This is where mine was leaking from. The fuel line can get a little loose through the tank so maybe pull it through 1/2".

Last edited:
Will do Nathan.

Al, both the vent and fuel line look good.

We'll see fellas what the pressure test yields.

The rubber bits and indica worked great. I didn't get a chance to sand the finger port and skirt edges where the router passed. After that, it's a drive to pepboys I suppose.

DSCF1722.jpg

Will do Nathan.

Al, both the vent and fuel line look good.

We'll see fellas what the pressure test yields.

The rubber bits and indica worked great. I didn't get a chance to sand the finger port and skirt edges where the router passed. After that, it's a drive to pepboys I suppose.

DSCF1722.jpg

Looks nice and smooth to me. . . Can't wait to hear her grunt! :chainsawguy:

Gracias Nathan. I was thinking of slapping it on and turning it on before I check for leaks. I can't hang anymore.

Don't be tempted by the chainsaw demons brother. . . Check for leaks first. A lean condition can nuke a saw right quick! Don't ask me how I know. :cry:

Back