A Very Special 365 Special (Stump Broke)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunfish

Fish Head
Reaction score
Well, I picked up my new saw from Stumpy Monday. Stump Broke Special. What a badass saw! :hmm3grin2orange:

It all started with me picking up a nice 2165 at an auction a few months ago. I ordered a OEM xpw top end for it, 75cc. Was showin it to Stumpy and we both agreed it ran too good to replace the top end.

Stumpy said he had plenty of 372 parts, so why not just build a 372xp? Cool, I buy a box full of parts and head home. But No time to mess with it and lots of small parts still needed.

So Stumpy said he'd build it, if I give him this nice lil 254xp I just picked up. Cool, I haul all the parts back to Stump and we get to talkin. I said I liked the low top filter cover, we both agreed a sleeper 365 would be cool. Then he pulls out a pair of crank case halves that look new and said "we need to build you a good lookin saw". Just gets better and better! Clutch cover is the only part showin much wear, is fine though.

I didn't really want to turn Stump lose on this one, wanted to go at it in stages, we decided to just widen the ports and leave the transfer alone (for now), He did git sneaky though and added a pop-up. Dang thing is showin 190, warm on my cheap gauge, not sure how accurate it is, but the decomp button comes in handy.

Anyway, this thing is very, very strong, feels like a torque monster! And only on it's first tank of fuel. Cranks and runs like a brand new saw, well better than a new saw. Puts a huge smile on my face when cuttin with it. And yes, I'm bringin it to the GTG.

Thanks for the great saw, Stumpy!

365c.jpg

365e.jpg

365b.jpg

365a.jpg

365d.jpg

2165a.jpg

the problem is that it runs better than it looks and believe me that is hard to say about a husky
Huge compliment coming from you, man!
We need video. :)
No video cam here. I'm hoping to get someone at the GTG to shoot it, next month.
Glad you like it buddy:hmm3grin2orange:Now I don't haveta keep it a secret no more. :bang:
You do realize you're goin to have to start videoing these saws. :msp_mellow:

I know. I shoulda had Eric bring his camera, but then we woulda had evidence of yer 346 layin a whoopin on everything there.

I'll be doin a lot of video shooting at the GTG... Hope I have enough time to run a saw or two... Or 20... And stuff...:hmm3grin2orange:

It would be almost impossible to say about a Jonsered ;) :laugh:.
Actually, part of the reason to go orange instead of red, was for better looks. LOL :msp_biggrin:

Now that Don has "the Ultimate tweener" He'll probably want to kick that sorry 357 to the curb... :msp_wink:

I don't know man, I ported the 357 and like it mo better. :msp_confused::msp_biggrin:

Still the Stump Special will see more use. That thing is just nasty!

I think ole' Stumpy's gettin the hang of this stuff... By the time he's done with the "other" project, he'll have to start wearing Stihl hats once in a while...:msp_sneaky:

Back