About that time again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Forecast for central Ohio tonight is lows in the hi 40s. Wont be long before the fires are lit again, saws in the woods and cutt'en an splitt'en,, flannel shirt weather,, I can hardly wait:clap:.

Forecast for central Ohio tonight is lows in the hi 40s. Wont be long before the fires are lit again, saws in the woods and cutt'en an splitt'en,, flannel shirt weather,, I can hardly wait:clap:.

Yeah the colder it gets (to a point) the more energy I get. I always look forward to that first say of the season when I can see my breath!

The mornings are getting a little bite to them again here in Maine. Not long before I dig out the flannel and jeans again. I love the fall!!

Was 47 this morning at 5:30 here in far northern Illinois. I love it, the willow leaves are falling and the cottonwoods are turning. It is certainly about that time!

Wife & I went for our weekly 'Date Night' bike ride with the cycling club in Dane County - temps were in the mid-60's during the ride & when we got done, the sun went down & it was in the low 50's... we forgot to bring warmer gear & happily froze. :)

I drove from southern WI to Central WI this AM (150 miles from south to north) and the temp @ 0530 started out at 52 and by the time I got to Wausau at 0750, the temp had dropped to 42.

Last edited:
49 this morning in northern lapeer county. I can't wait for the fall! 10 more face cord to stack, then come get me old man winter I'm ready for you! couple weeks and i will be ready to sit back and load the he2100 hawken! I won't fire the dragon up until mid october.

spend many of falls with my grandpa fishing at the foot dam in your neck of the woods. now the salmon are gone. i have 35 up there off 55 by the green turtle! love the area!

Hows about that first frost when your boots crunch the ground! Early Sun beaming through bright golds, reds and maroons. Amen! I'm usually the first to get that cedar scent up the flue and smoke up the neighborhood. Coleman lanterns lighting up the porch and no worries keeping the beer iced down.
2859016110105432928S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We are spoiled up here!!!! The fishing is supposed to be coming back but not like the good old days.... We live about a 1/4 mile from the dam... Small world....

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who can't wait for fall and cooler temps., the spicy smell of the woods, deer on the move, and cuttin' wood. Best time of the year IMO to sit by a fire on a cool night with a little captain to keep warm.

Crop is in, and am in the process of setting things up for next year and cleaning stuff up and winterizing.

Time to get the Flannel out, prep the quadrafire, and get busy with the Saws.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

been a great season for the farmers up here in michigan! I have a freezer full of tasty veggies for the winter. Just need to score some freezer beef. I have the pork and the chickens in the freezer. Just need that steak! I have 5 girls and they are all a pack of Jackels when it comes to dinner! My feed bill can get up there.

Yea man!!!! nothin like a couple nice cool mornings to get me revved up. Got enough wood seasoned for the winter, but it's time to smell a nice fire, & here the saws rip again!!!!! A C

I just dug out the file, and a few blades.. after a few practice swings on the golf clubs, I split a few pieces of left over rounds from last year. The neighbor has a log splitter, but after hitting 30 yesterday, I have vowed that I can still warm my, and my father's house with 2 saws, and 1 axe.

I was looking at flannels for my stick picker (19 mos old and already loves being daddy's shadow) Can't find the true PA Tux style in the mall though, so we might make a trip down to LockHaven to the Woolrich outlet for a real one.

I can't wait for Sept 3rd for the first highschool football game, then fall officially begins in my book

The wife and I spent the afternoon in the woods. Pulled out the splitter and took home another trailer load of Oak. Still a bit wet out there but nice to be in the woods when it's a little cooler. Noticed some of the maple are starting to turn. The ferns on the sides of the road are starting to turn color. Made a little fire and roasted a few hot dogs for lunch. Filled the deer feeder with corn and watched a nice doe and her fawns come in to eat later in the day. This sure beats them 90 degree days.

Yeah it's getting close. I have about 2 cords worth of chunked wood out back that needs to be split and put in the shed, but here in the mid Atlantic region, the summer has been hotter than heck with large quantity's of humidity! So I've been putting it off till the weather cools down. I bought a Harley in late June and that has helped keep my mind off that pile of wood in the back yard!

Latest posts

Back