accident waiting to happen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foothold

What was the point of the video?
That saw was dull even by my standards, which aren't very high!
My little MS 250 would run rings around it.

1. Let's not even get into #1
  2. Why is he bogging the dog poo out of that saw?
  3. Why is he running semi-skip chain on that little bar?

He probably keeps the chain dull so that if it snaps, it doesnt cut his friends genitalia clean off.

:cheers:

If his saw wasn't dogging so much, he could have ripped the chunk from under the guys foot---and then where does his foot go? Probably more likely with a dull chain. Then again, I hate it when my 029 sends a chunk of stovewood into my shin---I keep it sharp, I should probably get a gauge for the rakers. Hurts when it grabs a 16'' by 2' chunk at full throttle.

You've got to admit, it could have been a MUCH funnier video had things gone horribly wrong.

:biggrinbounce2:

On a serious note, I would say that if you are standing on a log like that, you should at least wear chaps

.... and a cup.:laugh:

wood_newbie said:
I agree...where's Darwin when you need him?

There's a book out (and a sequel) called "The Darwin Awards". The guy would only get an "Honorary Darwin Award" if he just lost his 'nads and lived.

Doctor Dave said:
There's a book out (and a sequel) called "The Darwin Awards". The guy would only get an "Honorary Darwin Award" if he just lost his 'nads and lived.

Just so long as he's permanently out of the gene pool!

Great books, BTW.

I think they stopped using bar oil due to it getting on the holders pants leg and boots.

They cut the fancy notch to keep it off his boots, but it still got on his pants......

turnkey4099 said:
Puzzled. I keep looking but don't see any smoke coming off the bar, are they not using bar oil? By the cutting performance, that chain/bar must be hot enough to start a fire.

Harry K
Don't be puzzled Harry. They're chuckleheads,anything is possible.

Latest posts

Back