Acorns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No acerns droppin yet....should get out the binoculers n see what might be up there....super bumper crop last year...may be light if any here....

Last year 2017 and 2015 were good years for acorn crop here. I shipped 44 pounds both years which were picked up really easy.

This year i had walnuts were dropping mid July. Of course we were in a drought mode, get rid of ther nuts and save all the moisture for the trees them selves.

Last year was also a good year for Hickory nuts this year not so much. Wait till Oct to see what we will get in the end.

:D Al

Last year 2017 and 2015 were good years for acorn crop here. I shipped 44 pounds both years which were picked up really easy.

This year i had walnuts were dropping mid July. Of course we were in a drought mode, get rid of ther nuts and save all the moisture for the trees them selves.

Last year was also a good year for Hickory nuts this year not so much. Wait till Oct to see what we will get in the end.

Are the nuts mature enough by july to sprout or is it just a bust for a drought year?

I wouldn't send any nuts from a July drop and warrenty they would germinate.
I probably have close to 80 pound yet from last year.

Walnuts and acorns both dropping here. NWPA. Acorns are early and also green which is different for here. Usually brown. Walnuts a bit early as well.

Kind of off topic, nah, off topic but maybe related. Farmers Almanac today predicts a bad winter for most and down right nasty cold and snow for many.

Kind of off topic, nah, off topic but maybe related. Farmers Almanac today predicts a bad winter for most and down right nasty cold and snow for many.
But the "Old Farmers Almanac" says the opposite. They are calling for a mild winter.

One fact remains. We will have a winter, best time of the year. Cold long winter warm short winter wear some hi tec winter clothing and enjoy not sweatting and getting crotch rot like in the summer.

Back