Acorns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bear1998

bear1998

ArboristSite Operative
No acerns droppin yet....should get out the binoculers n see what might be up there....super bumper crop last year...may be light if any here....

alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Last year 2017 and 2015 were good years for acorn crop here. I shipped 44 pounds both years which were picked up really easy.

This year i had walnuts were dropping mid July. Of course we were in a drought mode, get rid of ther nuts and save all the moisture for the trees them selves.

Last year was also a good year for Hickory nuts this year not so much. Wait till Oct to see what we will get in the end.

:D Al

Last year 2017 and 2015 were good years for acorn crop here. I shipped 44 pounds both years which were picked up really easy.

This year i had walnuts were dropping mid July. Of course we were in a drought mode, get rid of ther nuts and save all the moisture for the trees them selves.

Last year was also a good year for Hickory nuts this year not so much. Wait till Oct to see what we will get in the end.

:D Al
Are the nuts mature enough by july to sprout or is it just a bust for a drought year?

Deleted member 149229
D

Deleted member 149229

Kind of off topic, nah, off topic but maybe related. Farmers Almanac today predicts a bad winter for most and down right nasty cold and snow for many.

Latest posts