Added a WILDTHING to my collection!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Man am I excited. Ive been waiting to find one of these babies for a while,at a good price that is. Well my daily scan of Craigslist finally paid off. I gave $35 for it and the case. Its pretty clean and is in good shape. Filled it with gas and pulled about 8 times and she hit. Took a while to clear up but it runs. Doesnt look like the oiler is working so ill have to pull the clutch and have a look. I hope the other saws dont mind.:biggrinbounce2:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It looks to be in pretty good shape.

Look at the oil hole in the bar and maybe run the saw some without the bar and chain cover and see if it oils out the hole in the bar mount on the saw before playing with the pump itself?

ya buddy, I know the excitment of finding that one saw you have always dreamed about.

got my thingy a few months back on a trade for some chain i didnt need.

And for the naysayers,

joke em if they cant take it :D

CIMG5274.jpg

CIMG5275.jpg

CIMG5276.jpg

Man am I excited. Ive been waiting to find one of these babies for a while,at a good price that is. Well my daily scan of Craigslist finally paid off. I gave $35 for it and the case. Its pretty clean and is in good shape. Filled it with gas and pulled about 8 times and she hit. Took a while to clear up but it runs. Doesnt look like the oiler is working so ill have to pull the clutch and have a look. I hope the other saws dont mind.:biggrinbounce2:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MM and your good to go!I like them I have 2 !!!

ya buddy, I know the excitment of finding that one saw you have always dreamed about.

got my thingy a few months back on a trade for some chain i didnt need.

And for the naysayers,

joke em if they cant take it :D

CIMG5276.jpg

Wow yours looks alot nicer than mine. I see the part number is different on the clutch cover. I wonder how many different ones there are. Nice pics by the way. :)

Wow yours looks alot nicer than mine. I see the part number is different on the clutch cover. I wonder how many different ones there are. Nice pics by the way. :)

There was the 2375 , which i believe is the more desireable model, and the 4018WM, which I recently picked up. There was also a 4018 WT which you have. Most parts don't interchange between the 2375 and 4018..
Bob

I'm certainly no expert on Wild Things, but I think the 4018 is newer strato version. The 2375 is the older non-strato type. The one that is the most desirable for modding. Like Arrowhead's WildThing, if you have seen a video of it cutting. Simply amazing!

They aren't my choice of saw for fire wood cutting, and I'm a Poulan guy, LOL But, my BIL uses nothing but Wild Things. It is unbelievable the amount of wood he cuts with them. He just buys used ones, and runs them till there worn out, and just finds another one for next to nothing. I usually cut around 15 cords of wood a year. I drop the trees and cut up most of the trunk, and save the top halfs for him. I hate limbing.. LOL

:cheers:
Gregg,

I kind of want to pick one up as a loaner saw. I miss my little MS180. I want another little saw I can put on the ATV when I'mgoing to clean trails.

Hey, look at that cool clutch cover!! Stihl can keep its captive bar nuts. The Wild Thingy has a much more useful feature: an embossed chain guide showing which way the chain goes. :msp_thumbsup:

For some reason Stihl left that off the 261. I guess that we will have to wait for the 262 to get that feature.
Wild Thingy - ahead of its time! :biggrinbounce2:

Doug

I'm certainly no expert on Wild Things, but I think the 4018 is newer strato version. The 2375 is the older non-strato type. The one that is the most desirable for modding. Like Arrowhead's WildThing, if you have seen a video of it cutting. Simply amazing!

They aren't my choice of saw for fire wood cutting, and I'm a Poulan guy, LOL But, my BIL uses nothing but Wild Things. It is unbelievable the amount of wood he cuts with them. He just buys used ones, and runs them till there worn out, and just finds another one for next to nothing. I usually cut around 15 cords of wood a year. I drop the trees and cut up most of the trunk, and save the top halfs for him. I hate limbing.. LOL

:cheers:
Gregg,

Yea, Gregg the 4018's are a strato design. Mine is very touchy and won't hold an idle below 3900 rpm. I'm used to the 3400's etc idling at a lot less. Disconcerting to say the least.
Bob

Way to go, Ross! Score one for the junk saws! Once you tinker with those puppies a bit, (muff mod, richen' 'em up a bit) they produce good power and are light enough for even the most broken down civil servant. Can't beat it for 35$. Even just swapping out the chain on these things transforms them.

Latest posts

Back