Advice on purchasing a used saw Stihl034 or Husky353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CanuckCutter

CanuckCutter

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on this site. After reading through many posts I have learned quite a bit in a short amount of time. Great site.

Now for my question. I am looking at purchasing a used saw, I am cutting firewood (approx 4-5 cord/yr). I have a choice between 2 saws a Stihl 034 which has seen very little use and is in excellent shape, or a well used Husky 353. They are both priced at $300CAN. I was wondering which would have better bang for the buck.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Welcome aboard CC. They are both good saws, but I would go with the one with the least amount of time on it, in this case the Stihl. Not sure what Canadien saw prices look like, but $300 seems high to me. I sell new 353's for $350.

Warning: Hang around this site, and one saw won't be enough!

PWB

ArboristSite Guru
That's less than half price for the stihl up here. Was in a dealership the other day that took a bunch of 026's on trade from Ontario Hydro and was selling them for 300 a pop.

CanuckCutter

CanuckCutter

Thanks everyone for the input, I ended up purchasing the 034 (from a dealer $300 tax in), although it's not the super it still seems to work great. Regarding the pricing on the new saws, in this area a 353 goes for around $650 + tax. The stihl 341 was around the same I think.

donnyman

donnyman

ArboristSite Operative
o34 stihl

I have a 034 av with 20" bar.full chisle chain lot of power easy starter good fuel mileage good balanced saw.For cutting your fire wood its pritty hard to beat.If you want a little more power open up the muffler a little.I would say buy it,GOOD RELIABLE SAWS ARE HARD TO FIND.iTS A BETTER SAW THAN SOME OF THE NEWER STHIL SAWS BUIT TODAY..Donnyman.

Latest posts