After having a Stihl 362 and a Husqvarna 562, my choice is...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Red Oaks 4 me

Fun with flying wood chips
Reaction score
The Husky! I bought both of them used, but very comparable condition-wise. I'm not going to "bash" the Stihl, as there are many people who would probably prefer that one, but for my firewood needs and cutting preferences, the 562 just seems to be more user-friendly and effective for me. I've been through similar mindsets with other models, and always seem to come back to the Husqvarna brand. :yes:

Because u are a husky guy lol. I own both brands and a couple poulans and I still like stihl the best. My husky is a great saw and never lets me down. But I think you pick one brand and stick with it. I'm a ford guy also. Would I buy anything else? No. Would I buy a husky if the price was right? Yes would I like it? Yes but would I feel like I bought the best? No.

Seems like you are trying to see if a stihl will beat a husky but the husky won before u started.

Because u are a husky guy lol. I own both brands and a couple poulans and I still like stihl the best. My husky is a great saw and never lets me down. But I think you pick one brand and stick with it. I'm a ford guy also. Would I buy anything else? No. Would I buy a husky if the price was right? Yes would I like it? Yes but would I feel like I bought the best? No.

Seems like you are trying to see if a stihl will beat a husky but the husky won before u started.
You may have a valid point there! I like Chevy's, too. LOL

I've had a few Chevys and they never worked out well for me. Guess that's y I'm a ford guy. Pick your brand they all work well and beat the other guy. It's all in the head lol.
Chevy's the best investment I ever made. $400 14 years ago. Still going strong. Husqvarna 350 the second best investment. In pieces currently, but on it's way to a speedy recovery!

Chevy's the best investment I ever made. $400 14 years ago. Still going strong. Husqvarna 350 the second best investment. In pieces currently, but on it's way to a speedy recovery!
One of the best saws I ever had was a 350! Sold it to a friend some years ago and now I have a 340. That one is still going strong.

Back