Aftermarket 070/090 Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dapper Dan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was just on Balieys site lookin at these parts.
070-090 Parts
Are the parts listed everything you need to build a complete clone 090?
Anyone added up the total cost of all parts needed?

I have no intention of doing this....just curious what the total would be.

Was just on Balieys site lookin at these parts.
070-090 Parts
Are the parts listed everything you need to build a complete clone 090?
Anyone added up the total cost of all parts needed?

I have no intention of doing this....just curious what the total would be.

im not sure which aftermarket company is this

They discussed offering a kit with all the parts, but it fell through.
I looked through and kept a tally in my head. I think it would be over $1000 for everything needed.

Grande - I know you said since other ebayers got to selling the kits before baileys did, you guys decided against the idea. It seems like you guys carry all the parts to build a complete saw. Why not offer it as a package/kit? Is it due to legality reasons? Is it due to the fact that baileys cannot compete with the kit prices other ebayers are selling them for? I'm just curious.

Are you talking Stihl Chinese, Brazilian, American, or European quality?

Ah.,. but with Stihl, on the last three there is no difference... and there isn't any Chinese, yet... but it will be the same quality.

For the non-"big name"... the only things that stops the Chinese making top quality is the lack of real QA/QC enforced by a "big name".

I believe we were able to fill all of the back orders we had taken. We could see that we were going to be wrestling with the the country of origin deal as far as quality goes. We say Taiwanese other sellers might own up and say Chinese. You're probably thinking, what's the difference? That is the crux of the problem for marketing. It would be an ongoing uphill battle trying to separate, and define the quality difference between ours and theirs. With the time that it was going to take to babysit this product project, and the potential margin, it just started looking less and less feasible. We will keep parts available for the units we've sold, and of course other aftermarket sales.

Back